Chapter Eleven.

Kyle killed the engine and I glanced at my home. The living room lights were dimly lit and I instantly knew my father was home. I chewed my lips in thought about yesterday and this morning and felt a bit nervous about going inside.

"Hey," Kyle says grabbing by hands. I met his gorgeous orbs, "Everything will be okay." He assured. I had briefly told Kyle what happened with my father and even though he didn't have much to say, he did manage to enlighten whatsoever hope was left in me.

I nod and smiled at him. He stared at me, flicked is his eyes to my lips and just as I thought about it, brushed his lips against mines ever so lightly. My eyes fell shut, as I savour the moment and my heart beats did their usual dance of fluttering.

"Be my girlfriend Lyla," He whispered, his forehead pressed against mines.

I gasp lightly and opened my eyes, staring at his lips. My mind swirled at his question. I was honestly scared but I really wanted this too. Everything about being with Kyle felt so right. "No games, no lies, no cheating...I-I can't handle another-"

He lifts his head and stared at me  seriously. "You can trust me." He states. I met his eyes again and swooned at how the green swirled within his iris. "Give me the chance to prove that to you." He continued.

I hesitated, but finally smiled. "Okay...I'm yours."

*-*-*-*-*

My father was laying in the sofa when I entered. I didn't notice him at first and had inclined against the front door with a wide grin and reddened cheeks. My mind was constantly spinning around the intense kiss Kyle had just given me now that we're together. My lips were tingling at the feeling, the way they crashed against his.

Suddenly, as I was touching my swollen bottom lip, my father's voice pulled me from Love Land. "So, you guys finally kissed huh?" He opened.

I gasped and snapped my eyes to his. He was propped on his elbow now with the TV remote laying on top of his chest. "Dad. Hi." I said shakily.

He raised a brow. "Are you in a relationship?"

I chewed my lips. "Is that a problem?" I asked softly.

"Considering how the last one ended, any father would be concerned." He admits laying flat on his back again.

I sighed and walked into the living room. I dropped my bag onto the ground, then joined him on the sofa, by placing his feet on my lap. "Dad, Kyle isn't like that. You don't have to worry about him." I reassured.

His face expression remained firm. "There's something off about that boy Lyla. And I intend on finding out what it is before your heart gets broken...again." He states.

I sighed in defeat and decided to just watch some television with him before bed. There wasn't any way of changing his mind unless he proved it for himself. And I was confident enough in Kyle to not be worried that my father might be wrong.

*-*-*-*-*

The following couple of days at school passed on pretty calmly. Strangely, since Kyle came into my life, the sense of loneliness has left me. I no longer looked around school as a lost puppy, instead I had someone to look forward to seeing everyday.

Alicia- against her brother's demands- stuck around me too. She would always sit beside me in whatsoever class we had together. I thought she was really cool, even though we weren't that close.

When Friday came around, school ended early to accommodate the swim meet that was being held at the Academy.

I decided to take Kyle to Tart Tat Cafe, wanting the sweet Mexican man to meet him. I will never forget the look on Kyle's face when Tart pulled him into a large bear hug.