Chapter Twelve.

The waiter, dressed elegantly in a black tuxedo, lead me towards the table. The table was at the center of the vintage restaurant and I thank the heavens that I didn't under-dress. The restaurant was absolutely exquisite. A soft gold colour table cloth covered the table and a bottle of wine was at the center of it. What seems to be antique, were actually gold cards with our names inscribed on them.

Seated, and looking at his phone, was Mr. Harrington. He had a sharp jawline that was set firmly, as his lips bend downwards. His brows furrowed together as he frowned at his phone screen. He seemed bulky in physique, but he was clearly past middle age. I could only guess because a few strands of grey ran through his brown wavy hair.

His head snapped up as I paused at the table and I gasp quietly. His eyes were beautiful. They were a vibrant green pair of orbs. They shone so brightly yet had so much depth in them. I would definitely love to paint those.

"The seeker?" He asks expectantly. I suddenly remembered the code phrase Jonathan sent to reveal that it was indeed me.

"Spain is home." I said with a forced smile.

Mr. Harrington's face brightened immediately and he gestured with his hand for the waiter to pull out my chair. I sat gently and met my Boss’s eyes again. This felt so weird.

"I know the code phrase kind of sucks, but my son thinks it's pretty dope. " He opens with a slight cringe.

I chuckled. "You have a very interesting son, Mr. Harrington." I said casually. The waiter then took our orders, filled our glass' with wine and then left. I stared at the glass nervously. I've never had wine before...

"I'll have you know, my son fell for your paintings the moment he set eyes on them. You can't imagine how much it frustrates him not knowing who you really are." Mr. Harrington says with a small smile.

My brows rose. "Oh wow... I guess that's about to change huh?"

His grin widens. "That sounds like you are willing to take us up on that offer." He says confidently.

I bit the inside of my cheeks nervously.  "Would it be crazy to say that I don't really know?"

He shook his head. "Not at all...You're still in high school and it's going to be quite the leap of faith. But isn't it worth it? I can only imagine this must be your dream. We are entitled to providing everything you will need in Spain...Including Spanish lessons." He elaborates.

"And all I have to do is paint?" I asked in disbelief.

"Precisely so."

"With all respect sir, I'm sure I'm not the best painter you have at Vision-" I began.

"But you are the one in demand." He interjects staring at me intensely. "Its a whole world out there. They are waiting to see what you see through art. This is your chance, to make a name for yourself. It may not come by you again. Now, what do you say Seeker?"

●●●●●●

Sunday evening, my father decided we should eat out. Of course his first option was to eat at Tart Tat's.

Tart Tats cafe wasn't as full on Sundays. You mostly saw families eating together here and I always enjoyed the peace and quiet. Unlike during the week when those noisy teens prowl around, as if they own the place.

My father and I choose one of the window seats and I sat reading a book while my father spoke with Tart by the counter. He was also waiting on our order.

Suddenly, there was a presence across from me and I look up into a familiar pair of icy blue eyes and sighed. "Jackson."

He flicked his head to my father while watching my reaction. "Out with your old man eh?" He says casually.

"Yes." I clipped cheekily. What was he even doing here? "Is there something you need?" I asked.

"I'm inviting you to a pub." He announced.

My mouth fell in shock. "You-what-huh?" I responded dumbfounded.

He raised a brow. "Don't look at me like that. I already know Kyle's your guy." He says.

My cheeks flushed and I hurriedly closed my gapping mouth. "You do?"

He scoffs. "Everyone does. Anyway, I'm asking you to come if you want to know what your old man has been hiding." He proposed.

I leaned forward feeling annoyed. "Why should I believe you?"

He shrugged and stood. "Because I actually made an effort to talk to you Lightweight." He says simply then walked away without another word, leaving me in disarray.

I watched his retreating figure in shock. He sat by a table with three other persons and I immediately recognised them. Jackson lived with his aunt and her husband. And they were both there eating and chatting together. A familiar friendly face smiled at me sheepishly, and I forced one in return.
Alicia.

I look away, chewing my lips in thought and recognize a piece of scrap paper left on the other side of the table where Jackson was. I caught sight of my father coming with our food and quickly grabbed the paper and crumpled it in my hands.

"Your signature cheesy burger my darling." He says, with a grin and a fake Texas accent.

I smiled at him and waited until he sat before I began to eat. Seconds later he froze and stared at me worriedly. "What it is dad?" I asked.

"Um...You do have money to take care of the bill right?" He asks.

My heart fell and I cast my eyes downward. "Yes dad." I whispered hesitantly. I heard him sigh before he continued eating and chatting away about how much I need to push myself more in my art.

I actually thought he was going to treat us. I mean I know he isn't working but, he didn't even ask if I could cover it before we left. Oddly, I felt kind of used...

The crumpled paper poked my palms and I discreetly opened it under the table. I glanced over at Jackson after I read it, and it was as if he sensed my eyes because he immediately glanced over at me.

I merely throw him a nod and he smirked before facing his sister again. I picked up my burger and thought about the message:

"The more you ignore it, the worse it'll get. Call me when you've made up your mind."

I've soo busy lately ugh

I've soo busy lately ugh. And writer's block is just leaving my life haha. What did you guys think though?

Also, don't forget a spinoff about Percy's life in Canada is published on my profile! Can you imagine being dared to be someone you're not? Find out there! Haha.

Thanks for reading guys. I really appreciate your votes and comments.

-with love Chan.