Chapter Eighteen

I left Kyle's house in a sour mood and I'm pretty convinced he recognised that. I just couldn't understand why he couldn't be straight with me. It really hurts to know that your own boyfriend doesn't trust you.

However, despite knowing I was upset with him, he still demanded to be there tonight and I didn't bother to argue with him. I just hope he'll keep his word and stay out of sight.

My father was just leaving when I got home. He was dressed causally and excitement was glinting in his eyes, as if he had something to look forward to.

"Hey dad, what time will you be back?" I'd ask.

He'd grabbed up the vans keys and briefly looked at me before opening the front door. "Not sure darling, don't wait up though. And ensure to go paint." he'd hurriedly respond and just like that, he left.

I guess I'll find out where he's going in the next couple minutes.

I texted Jackson my address then proceeded to get ready. I was a fashionista and my mind was completely blank as to what the proper attire would be for a club, so I decided to stay on the safe side. I opted for a pair of dark jeans, a dark blue crop top and my black ankle boots.

I brushed my hair down and just as I was applying some Chapstick, my door bell rang. My anxiety immediately spiked and I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

It's just Jackson, Lyla. You see him everyday.

I reached for my black jacket and phone, then quickly rushed down the stairs. I frowned in annoyance when he kept pressing on the door bell repeatedly.

"Someone is impatient," I deadpanned, opening the door.

A smirk grew on his face and his orbs scanned me from head to toe. "I was nervous...You look nice Lyla." he complimented.

I forced a smile, closing my front door. "Thanks, you too Jackson." I responded truthfully.

I was used to seeing him in his leather jackets and ripped jeans outside of school. However tonight, he opted for straight dark jeans and a long sleeve, navy shirt. It was a different look for the jock.

"It's going to be an interesting night." he states. I glanced at him curiously but before I could ask him what he meant, my eyes zeroed in on the black motorcycle parked along the curb of my yard.

My eyes widen in fright. "We're taking your motorcycle." I said shakily.

He chuckled. "Its all I have. My folks may have money, but I don't. Not everyone is as rich as your perfect boyfriend." he says hoping unto the machine without a trace of worry.

I swallowed the bundle of anxiety rising in me and slowly took the helmet he was shoving towards me. "I've never ridden one of these before." I admitted.

He smirks. "It's simple...Just hold onto me and don't let me go."

I did exactly as he commanded. The pub he mentioned was only fifteen minutes away but it felt like a lifetime before we got there. I was convinced I crushed his shirt at the force in which I gripped him. I've never felt more awkward in my entire life. Oddly however, apart of me enjoyed the feeling...

He'd smirked at me when I quickly jumped off the motorcycle and I blushed embarrassingly. He did feel pretty good though...

"This is a well known pub for the middle aged," he says, securing his helmet on his bike.

I fixed my hair and studied the area. The parking lot was quite large and had lots of vans and old beat up trucks parked outside. I even spotted my dad's van too.