Chapter Seven.

Me: Hey, where are you?

Kyle: I won't be at school today...I kinda have this thing...don't miss me too much *winks*

I knitted my brows at his vague response. I pondered about asking him about this 'thing' further on, but the morning bell sounded, and I decided to pocket my phone instead.

Kyle has these weird reactions whenever I ask him something about his life back in New York, and it was starting to bother me.

It was either he had something to hide or didn't trust me enough. Did something bad happen there? Were his parents here with him?

A sad feeling unfolded in me as I realized that I barely knew anything about him. That certainly have to change.

I sighed and closed my locker. When I turned to walk to my Visual studies class, I was halted by Selena. She had a passive expression on her face, but she held her chin high and folded her arms scanning me.

I swallowed nervously. She haven't said a word to me since the first day of school, and I did my best to stay out of her way. Something tell me this would be about Kyle...

"You puzzle me," she states.

I raised one of my brows in question. "Huh?"

"How well do you know Kyle?" she asks, a look of curiosity now forming on her face. I wasn't surprised that this would be about him. I could tell from her glares, that she still had feelings for him.

"Um...I only met him here, I don't really know much-"

"Then why are you clinging to him? I hope you're not trying to sponge off his money, especially now that his family finally landed a huge break for their company. He deserves someone who can actually help to guide him, not drag him down. Just know, I'm keeping my eyes on you Denvers." Selena interrupts.

A look of distaste masked her face, and her voice remained firm but low enough for only my ears.

She didn't give me the opportunity to respond but walked away afterwards. I felt hurt at her assumption but didn't ponder on it too long. I knew that's not why I wanted to be close to Kyle. Hell, I didn't even know that he was rich or that his family has some company.

I felt totally bumped out that Selena seem to know so much about him and his family and I didn't. Friends should know everything about each other...right?

I exhaled and walked towards my visual class that I was already late for. Gareth was sitting across from my drawing table, and he smirked at me the moment I entered. After I settled down, his obnoxious gaze still lingered on me and I scowled at him.

"What?" I finally hissed.

He raised his brows in surprise. "Nothing, just looking forward to today's class that's all," He says with a creepy smile.

I pulled my brows together then glanced at the instructions on white board. Realization dawned on me and I groaned aloud, ignoring Gareth's grin.

We weren't painting today. We were drawing. Damn you Gareth, this competition is so on.

*~*~*~*

I lost.

I glared at Gareth's triumphant grin when Mr. Dale gave us his critique after class. He declared Gareth's piece to be the best and I came in second. I found it unfair of course. Gareth's females looked unnatural and stiff in his illustration. I'll never understand how Mr. Dale prefer that over my beautiful piece of Doves. It was cute.