Chapter Seventeen

Kyle turned up for Visual class with a passive expression. He smiled tightly at me, but his entire posture showed he was uncomfortable with something.

It was obviously something about the argument he had with Selena. I didn't even know they kept much contact with each other to have an argument. I knew then, that I definitely had to ask him about it afterwards.

It was a quiet class today. We were all working on our different creative pieces. Kyle was drawing as usual, and Alicia was painting. Snobby Gareth decided to draw today just to tackle on Kyle. I smirked secretly, knowing that Kyle's piece is going to win.

A couple minutes into the class though, my phone vibrated and I reached for it immediately. It was an email from Vision. They were responding to my equires about the allegations in the media:

"Seeker, be rest assured that we have everything undercontrol. As stated in our last meeting, your identity is safe until the end of your first semester.

The allegeations in the media is being handled and will blow over soon. Jonathan will ensure it will."

I frowned at how vague the email is. They were obviously covering up for Johnathan too. But why? What possible reason could Jonathan have to hide?

Nothing about it made sense. I should probably try picking Moses for more answers. He would be the best one to ask. Besides, I wouldn't want to be apart of an organization that lies and is involved in some illegal stuff. I needed the truth.

The email continued with some messages about painting requests from the client in Spain but I'll go into that detail when I'm home. Suddenly I got weary. If Moses was now pretending to be Johnathan, then who will deliver my paintings?

I didn't trust people with my art easily.

"You look worried...Thinking about tonight?" Alicia's voice broke through my thoughts and I glanced at her.

I admired the colourful hair band around her head. She had her hair pinned into a messy bun today. Her blue eyes shone bright like her brothers'.

"Jackson told you?" I enquired.

She frowned. "Weirdly he did. He seems excited."

I leaned forward, over my desk. "Do you know what he has to tell me?" I whispered.

She scoffed. "He wouldn't tell me. Guess you have to go out with him."

"Dont say it like that." I blushed.

She grin then briefly glance at Kyle. "What does lover boy thinks? My brother can get quite flirtatious." She wiggled her brows suggestively.

I sighed. "He's uncomfortable of course. But what can I do? It's Jackson we're talking about here."

She looked at me again. "Well be reassured when I tell you that he doesn't lie. So if he says your dad is up to something...Then he is." she says with a small smile.

That's exactly why I was so worried.

After visual class, I had a free period and Kyle decided he wanted to ditch the rest of the school day. I've never done it before, however in the moment he suggested the idea, I totally caved in.

We didn't go anywhere in town, because chances are, I'd run into my father. Instead, we went back to his place and I couldn't help but feel at home entering his house once more.

He barely spoke during the ride here, although I noticed him getting more and more relaxed as we stepped inside his house. He shrugged off his jacket then finally looked at me. "Hungry?"

I shook my head and hugged my arms. "I'm just thirsty," I answered.

He nods then disappeared into the kitchen. I took the chance to continue looking around his living room. It was the same as the last time I came, polished and everything was in order.

"Here you go beautiful," he says handing me a can of apple soda.
I smiled and took it from him.

He sighed then ran his eyes down my body- not in a seductive way- but rather, almost in fear.

I lowered the soda from my lips and placed it on his coffee table, knowingly. "Do you want to talk about it?"

He dropped himself into his sofa and ran a hand through his messy hair. "Lets just say, I got betrayed by a friend...And that betrayal leads me to wonder...Just how long I'll be able to keep us together." he murmured.

A broken look came across his face but I was completely confused. Was this friend Selena? How does that relate to me?

"I don't understand...What does Selena have to do with us?" I asked bewildered.

He shook his head and turned his body towards me, taking my hands in his. I met his hazel green orbs and felt my stomach tightening with butterflies.

"I don't want to loose you Lyla. I've come too far to having you and...I'm willing to do anything to ensure you're happy. Do you believe that? Do you trust me?” He says, a pleading look, drawing in his eyes.

I smiled and leaned in, softly pecking his lips. "I do." I whispered, "And I feel the same Kyle. You've knitted yourself into my life and I never want to loose you. I won't betray you. I promise." I says, the seriousness of my words seemed through my heart and the realization that I'm officially inlove with Kyle hit me hard.

His fingers grazed my cheeks softly, and he pulled me into him again, deepening the kiss. My toes curled in pleasure and I wrapped my arms around his neck and shoulders invitingly.

His hands lowered to my waist and he pulled me close then pushed me back unto the sofa. I squealed, chuckling at his playfulness and he grinned widely, positioning himself above me.

I just love the way he looks at me.

"I would paint you now, if only I wasn't enjoying this position,” he smiles.

I giggled. "I'm happy that you're all cheered up now."

He bends his head and softly pecked my lips. "I'm sorry for my sour mood earlier,” he apologizes.

I ran my fingers through his hair, my mind swirling with thoughts. "What exactly happened Kyle?" I enquired.

The distant look immediately returned in his eyes and he removed himself from above me, taking his warmth with him. I immediately regretted asking, however it's my right to ask right?

I sat back up and stared at him expectantly. "Selena may have done something I didn't appreciate." he says, staring at the ground.

"Like what?"

He swallowed. "I-I don't want to talk about it Lyla...Um...Let's just watch a movie or something." he responded.
He didn't look at me to see the hurt that I felt and I quickly masked it before he saw.

I understood when someone needed their space, however with Kyle, sometimes I felt like I don't really know him at all.

Maybe he really doesn't trust me.

Hmmm, Kyle be careful.

-With Love, Chan.