Chapter Thirty

Two Weeks later...

To the Seeker, 

  Vision apologizes for the inconvenience caused during your time working with us. We truly wished that our ties would not have been broken. However, there comes a time when we have to say goodbye.

Your works will continue to be displayed at our branch in New York until the end of February. We will also keep your information confidential as you have requested.

We wish you all the best in your endeavors Seeker.

-Vision.

"That was brief," my father commented.

I sighed and closed my laptop screen before looking at him. "Atleast it's done and official now. I'm free." I said positively. These past two weeks have been the hardest for me. I never thought I'd be this sad to break all my ties with Vision.

Although I had to. It would just be weird running into Johnathan all the time. In addition, I wouldn't be certain whether he would be behind how I grow in my career. At least the company took off in popularity once he revealed himself.

My father's eyes soften. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I smiled and nodded, tucking my hair behind my ears. "I am dad. Besides, Moses told me about this new gallery in L.A. I'm planning to send some of my new works there."

He mirrored my smile and kissed my forehead lovingly. "I'm proud of you. You've grown so strong." he declared.

My heart warmed and I opened my mouth to respond but Tart Tat spoke before I could. "Hey don't get all mushy without me." he said teasingly and we all chuckled.

His cafe was a bit full today. Most students from my school were by the beach right across the road enjoying the last few moments of the sun before the temperature begins to fall.

I chatted with the two men for a bit, before excusing myself to take a walk along the beach.

Being without Kyle these past days weren't easy at first. As each day passes however, I realised that I'm somewhat grateful for all the happy moments we had.

I'll always treasure them. Despite every thing, he made me feel wanted as an individual until I believed it myself.

However, I cant help but feel like he treated me like a Lightweight too. He manipulated my career and made me believed a lie. That's what hurts the most.

As I smiled at some of my school mates who got a lot nicer to me after the Winter Ball, my eyes zeroed on a trio laughing with each other, while sitting in the sand.

Alicia won the Vogue feature thanks to Kane. I watched him shove her shoulder lightly with a smirk and told her something that made her blush. Jackson, the dominant brother he is, slapped the back of his head and I chuckled to myself at the sight.

I didn't have to approach them for him to see me however. His ocean blue orbs found me, a couple seconds after and I wasn't surprised when he stood and walked toward me with a wide smile.

"You came." he declared.

I smirked. "And you're wearing shorts," I teased observing his orange boy shorts.

He rolled his eyes. "Alicia made me...Are you okay?"

I nodded, turning to face the ocean. "I am. It feels like a new leaf in my life."

He pursed his lips. "Well the new year is emerging. New year, new endeavors, new risks to take." he listed.

I glanced at him knowingly. "You still thinking about taking risks huh?"

He grinned, eyes twinkling. "Definitely. Since you're no longer the lightweight anymore, you should consider joining me." he tilted his chin high cockily.

I smiled. "Maybe you'll be my risk, Jackson."

His smile widen and he stared into my eyes. "Does that mean I don't have to consider buying a dozen cats to live with for the rest of my life?" he enquired playfully.

I laughed. "Lets not jump a head of ourselves buddy." I winked and ran over to Alicia and Kane when his mouth dropped open in shock.

"Lyla that's so not fair!" Jackson shouts behind me and we endured his constant complaints throughout the rest of the evening.

As I chilled with two of the most honest people I've ever met, I can't help but be content with having a peace about who I am and who I am becoming. One can gain enormous strength through the betrayal of others.

Even though we started out as the Lightweight, doesn't mean we will always end the same.

The End.