1

2014

Jisoo's POV

"What? Stop laughing!" I rolled my eyes over Chaeyoung who kept on laughing at my state. I was video calling her since today's shoot for the MV I was involved with just recently ended.

It ended earlier than usual which means I can go home. Tough luck though, there was an emergency and the manager who accompanied me for the shoot had to go back to the building because there had been a conflict of schedule.

So now I'm left alone, patiently waiting when I will be picked up. I could have gone alone but my ankle is swollen. Due to my carelessness, I slipped at one scene and since I was wearing some heels, I sprained my ankle a little.

I've already tried contacting the manager and I was told to wait and they'll fetch me once everything was settled. So now I'm camping on the stairs within the fire exit to hide from all of those people outside.

It's hard to mingle with people especially for amateurs like me. This is an industry where normally, your agency is your armor and though I am currently from YG, I'm still a trainee and my armor isn't as strong as it should be.

Plus, some people always had that misconception about coming from YG and I'm not getting any of that. At least not today.

This is how hard the life of a celebrity is. For someone like me who hasn't debuted and basically to those artists who weren't on a big company,  they either have to go to a shoot alone, drive on their own and wait for everyone else because you have to.

If I knew I'll have to cry a lot during Epik High's music video, I would have pleaded and begged Jennie to do it instead.

Crying is something I can't easily do, especially if it's forced. But I don't really have a choice, do I?

This is a good step for people to get used to my face and another reason for me to get used to the camera, an edge I am willing to grab to make up for everything that I lack.

Hypocrisy aside, I knew for a fact that I am not at par in terms of dancing compared to all of the other trainees in YG Entertainment, but I at least try my best to make it up for it with something else.

Practicing, that's what I normally do whenever I am not booked with commercials and photoshoots. I am just also thankful I was being considered for these gigs even though I lack in many aspects.

"Unnie, your eyes are really swollen, are you sure you can go outside looking like that?" concern laced over her tone and I had to resist the urge to smile at how adorable she looks.

Chaeyoung,  Lisa, and Jennie had always been the closest to me out of all the other trainees. Surely, I was close to a few more people but the four of us clicked really well the first day.

Lisa is such a sweetheart. She may be from another country but sometimes,  she's more of a Korean than I am. Most often, my heart cries for both Lisa and Chaeyoung because they are a thousand miles away from their family.

The two would bicker with each other but cries together every time one misses their family. But I know that's half of the reason why they work hard and sometimes, I feel apologetic because most often, I was the reason why they have to practice longer so I can keep up.

"Yah, I'm still pretty even with my eyes swollen," I joked and she doubled with laughter.

There's no need to tell that my ankle was sprained. She'll definitely tell the others and I don't want them to be worried.

"Of course. Ah, unnie, I need to go. Lisa is cooking in the kitchen. She might burn the place down. We'll wait for you here unnie. Take care!" she sweetly stated and I bid my goodbye too.