13

Jisoo's POV

My eyes caught my manager's strange behavior. I am currently doing a shoot and is in the waiting room while our make up artists do some finishing touches on my face. The pictorial was almost finished and I only had to make a few more shots and I can go home and take a rest.

But since earlier,  I've noticed how my manager seemed to be out of focus. He'd paced back and forth, then stop as if in deep thought, and then he's back into doing that again.

Sometimes, he'd checked his phone and bite his fingernails, a habit I knew he does whenever something is bothering him.

Was he in trouble?

For the entire shoot, I tried to distract myself by focusing on what the cameraman was instructing me to do. Until the shoot had come to an end and both my manager and I were already inside our van.

But even so, he was still restless, I can't help but get worried. He had been my manager even when I was still a trainee. I needed one sometimes because I was given gigs like commercials and pictorials.

"Okay, that's it!" I exclaimed, getting his attention. I can no longer take this. "What happened?" I pouted, looking at his direction.

"Oppa, you have been acting so weird since earlier. What - did you and your girlfriend had a quarrel?" I teased and even though his cheeks blushed, I still saw the movement of his Adam's apple at the mention of the word 'girlfriend'. So I must have hit a nerve.

"What? Did you two really broke up?" I asked confused and he still didn't speak which made me worry.

Our manager doesn't hide anything from me. Even those times he and his girlfriend had a quarrel. He basically asks me for some advice, that's how close we are.

"Actually, it wasn't me...." His voice was low but I heard it, and for some reason, I felt a dreading sensation enveloping my body.

"Then who?" Suddenly, my stomach is churning as if something bad is happening right now.

Why did I suddenly felt so nervous?

And then it happened, my eyes locked with his on the rearview mirror, I knew the answer to my question.

"Where is he?" my voice started shaking, a dreading fear eating my system.

I should have known that this is coming. After our manager caught me on that fire exit the last time, I knew in no time, our agency will know I am sneaking out once again.

And they knew it was him.

"Jisoo-yah," my manager called for my name but I reached for my bag to check on my phone.

"Yoongi..." I whispered. He's not going to break up with me, right? Not again.

I checked my phone and all I see was one message from him telling me he misses me. But why can't I feel glad reading this?

My gaze went back to my manager, my lips quivering as I look at him and worry is evident in his eyes.

"Oppa, where is he?" I asked, tears already streaming down my face.

If it's Yoongi, I always lose my control.

And I knew, I have this feeling it's going to be like how it was from back then.

I can't...

I can't lose myself at this point. We've already debuted. A lot is already at stake. It's either I have him or I don't but I live like a zombie for some time. Because I can't simply mope around when I also have responsibilities to attend to.

"Jisoo, just give up. This is for the better," my manager whispered and I cried harder. I feel like my chest is about to burst. My hands started fiddling with my phone trying to dial his number.

Please...

"I can't lose him again, oppa. You know..." I look at him in the eyes. I don't care if I look like a mess right now. "You know what I went through the last time. I can't,  not again," my voice cracked at the end and my hands covered my face when I heard the operator from the other line.

He's not answering.

"Okay okay, he's at the office. YG Sajangnmin called for him. But he probably left already," he stated and my eyes shot towards his direction.

"Take me there, please," my manager didn't have a choice but to follow. Whether because he pities me or what, I don't wanna think anything about it but I need to see Yoongi now.

This isn't the first time this had happened. My body is shaking and I continuously bit my fingernails thinking about the things that might happen. My manager was on the phone and I didn't even try to listen nor bother to know who he was talking with.

I was startled when the van stopped not too far from our agency. My eyes scanned the area and I was confused when my manager opened his door and hop off the van.

"Oppa! Manager oppa!" I called and just when I tried to reach for the door handle beside me, it sprung open revealing an exhausted-looking Min Yoongi. Behind him was his own manager, the same one who was with us the last time.

And the expression on their face says it all.

"Chu..." he whispered, I watched as he steps inside the van and occupied the space beside me, closing the door after.

My eyes left him and I gaze in my lap before. Yoongi, he's always that person who has a strong conviction. If he has decided, there's nothing, even me that could change it.

And I fucking hate it.

"Sorry..." he whispered and that's all it took for me to know that his conversation with my boss didn't end up well like what I anticipated.

Why?

Why do I have to be hurt like this every time?