12

Yoongi's POV

"Yah, Min Yoongi, are you even listening?" I grunted internally after hearing Jin hyung's voice, my brows furrowing at the sight of him.

"What are you even doing? Go to the maknaes and play with them," I snickered before turning my body around, lying on the bed, my back now facing him.

"Yah! Yoongi-chi!"

I turned immediately after hearing him call my name.

"And can you please stop calling me that? Good Lord, what are you, a kid?" I said a little pissed.

Only Jisoo can call me that. But of course, I can't tell that to my hyung.

"Ne, I'm a kid. And you're my father. I swear you're being a lot more grumpy these days Yunki. You should start dating,"

I snickered, "I'm dating, pabo-yah..." I whispered to myself.

"What did you say?" he asked and I just raised my hand after turning once again.

"Nothing. Just go to Taehyung. I saw an article about you being Worldwide handsome you can now brag to Taehyung that you still have it even with his title," I told him and my ears almost bleed at the sound of his shrieking.

"Ge'ez!"

And then he went for it, turning the doorknob screaming for Taehyung's name.

"Kim Taehyung! Where are you?!"

I shake my head in laughter.

"When will he grow up?" I thought to myself.   However, deep inside, I knew Jin hyung was just acting like that for our sake. Since I'm a lot stricter than him, I know he acts like that to make everyone feel comfortable.

We all know how most groups are scared with their oldest but luckily, Jin hyung being like that makes our relationship a little lighter. It makes it easier for us to share our thoughts.

Honestly, I feel like he's letting me do the hyung's job. Not that I mind actually because he knows when he needs to act the oldest and not. And looking back, he mostly acts as the hyung around me. And I know that it was mainly for my sake. Because I don't have anyone to rely on as an older brother within the group but him.

Most importantly, he was there when I was at my lowest point which happened last year after I broke up with Jisoo.

Of course, he didn't know. He never asked and I wasn't sure I was ready to share that part of me but he knows something is wrong. He knows I was hurting and broken. So he let me. He never lets the group bother me when I am alone.

The boys didn't question us. They thought I was busy writing music which I did but not after three long months of pure sorrow.

I was lost.

And I lost her.

Jisoo, she was that girl, the bubbly lady I met on the fire exit. She was adorable, continuously rambling on her own and before I knew, I found myself getting hooked with her.

Until we fell in love.

And until we broke each other.

I broke her. I messed up.

And I left. Or forced to leave. Even though I know we'll get ourselves in trouble for this, I am willing to risk it all. Because now, all I see is her smile, how happy she was because of me.

For the past year, I have always watched her from afar. She didn't know. But it breaks my heart whenever I see her eyes. They lost their spark, the glint of playfulness that was used to be there.

And I know that it's all because of me.

My eyes closed ad I read Jisoo's messages when she was mad about me going home and not telling her.

Believe me, I would love to bring her home. My parents love her. But I can't... If I want this to work.

My heart clenched at the memory of her being away from me, the memory of her resenting me for my decisions she didn't know I made for her sake.

It was wrong for me to decide for her, I know. But that's my only resort. That's my only card for the assurance that she'll get better, that she'll be fine.

My hands reached for my phone which I put down earlier to type a message. My members knew me as a man of few words but with Jisoo,  I get lost to myself. Sometimes I question who I really am, the Yoongi with her or the Yoongi with my members. Or maybe I am just the same person.

I don't usually show what I feel to the people I love but I know she craves attention from me. She never asks but I feel it.

I see the envy in her eyes whenever she sees Jimin being sweet with Chaeyoung. Heck,  sometimes I see her smiling adorably at the sight of Taehyung following Jennie around.

"I miss you, Chu..."

Sometimes I want to wack my head with a hammer or something. Because no matter how much I try, I can't seem to be better for her.

She deserves the world. She deserves more than I am giving.

And yet she settles with me.

After hitting send, I put down my phone just beside my pillow and close my eyes. But it wasn't even two minutes when I heard the sound of knocking from the door.

I lifted my upper body for a moment. It wasn't Jin hyung because he'd come in without knocking. And it certainly isn't any of my other members because they don't normally call me out when I'm in the room because they know how much I hate it. Unless it's really important.

After a few moments, the door opened and I saw my manager awkwardly searching, my body automatically moved and I sat on my bed, confused.

"Hyung?" I asked and his attention landed on my direction.

He doesn't normally call for me personally because our schedules are being set and given a day ahead.

"Yoongi-yah," he stated, his eyes scanned the room as if checking if someone is with me. My brows furrowed even more.

"Hyung, is there something wrong?" I asked alarm at his actions.

And what he did next even confused me more.

He made a step or two and closed the door before turning towards me.

"Yoongi," he started again, I saw the slight movement of his Adam's apple letting me know how nervous he actually is.

"You're being called..." he added.

I tilted my head in confusion but I as I was about to ask, he spoke once again.

"To YG, NOW,"

And it was just three words but I felt like my world stopped.

We were caught.

Her boss knew.

A long sigh escaped my lips.

I knew I won't be able to hide it that long anyway.

What did you expect Yoongi? You broke your promise.

It was like I was having an internal battle with myself.

But I don't regret it.

I fucking don't.