26

Jisoo's POV

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I heard Yoongi's voice. My brows furrowed. He'd been acting so weird lately. It's been so long since he last went to our house and today is my father's birthday. We agreed that he'll drop by our house for dinner.

Actually, I forced him into it. This was not the first time he'd visit our house but this will be the first time after I debut.

Come to think of it, ever since we got back together, he never went to our house like he used to.

Yoongi was close to my family. My Mom love him so much and my father adored him the same way. Even after we broke up then, I never heard my family saying anything bad about him.

"We've talked about this Yoongi. It's my father's birthday," I told him in a stern voice. I felt his hand on mine tightening a little.

Why is he so tense?

He looked at me nervously. We were on the van together.

"Did you tell them I'm coming?" he asked again and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"It was meant to be a surprise? Or do you want me to give them a heads up?" I asked him and I saw him gulped. My brows furrowed even more.

Okay, that's it.

"Seriously, what's wrong with you Min Yoongi? You're acting so strange right now and it's starting to scare me," I told him. "Don't you want to visit my parents?"

It wasn't my intention but every second that passes makes my heart feel heavier.

My parents and Yoongi doesn't have a problem, do they?

A forced smile escaped his lips. "Nothing. I was just so nervous. It's been so long,"

Force - yes. Because I knew Min Yoongi at the back of my head. Even the slightest movement of his lips, I can translate.

Surely, I know when he is forcing his smile and not. He's that transparent to me. And somehow, it makes my heart ache.

I'm not stupid to buy his 'I'm-just-nervous' act. He was never nervous even to my parents. The first time he met them, he was the one who was so excited about it even though I was nervous as fuck.

He was so optimistic and impressed my father even.

I didn't bother responding to him. Whatever it is, I'd fond out eventually. But then again, it boils down to the same problem that we always have - he keep things from me.

And whenever he does,  it always costs us something that always breaks both of our hearts.

Sometimes I feel like it's easier if I stop loving him. If only I can kill this love.

But I can't.

Just then, the van stopped and the gate was opened. We still try to be careful. There are times when people such as reporters camps outside our house and them seeing Yoongi with me isn't the best time actually.

Both our groups had suffered great losses when the whole world found out about the Park family. A lot of supporters - yes, but the negativity still took a blow in our careers. We are just glad there are so many people who decided to stay.

The door swang open as my manager us to come out but Yoongi stopped me.

A long sigh escaped my lips.

"What is it again?" I asked. My eyes saw the uncertainty on his eyes and for a moment, I stopped and stared at him.

The glint on his eyes tells me he's not just simply nervous. There was something else.

"Nothing.  Let me hold that for you," he smiled then reached for the box of cake that was on my hand. I was at a loss for words.

So I didn't move. A long sigh escaped my lips.

I stared at him for a moment and that's when I saw how he was sweating. Min Yoongi doesn't just sweat like that. Not when the climate was cold and not when he isn't performing nor or practice.

So something must be terribly wrong.

"Look, Yoongi, I know something's going on. If you're not ready to meet my parents again, okay, I get it. But please, tell me when something is bothering you, okay? I care about what you have to say..." I whispered and I saw the sincere smile showing on his face.

My heart skipped a beat.

I just fucking love this man. When will our problems be over? I just wanna hold his hand proudly and tell the world that this guy is mine and I cannot be any happier with him by my side.

"I'm okay and I'm sorry for worrying you. Let's go? Your parents must be waiting," he stated and I saw him relaxed a little. He was smiling from ear to ear, his gummy smile ready to rip off my heart as a whole.

He can literally kill me in every way that is possible and he doesn't even have to try.

In no time,  we were already standing in front of my parents, Yoongi's other hand hanging on mine for his dear life. And I'm freakin' wanna know why especially after I saw how wide both my parent's eyes were.

"Yoongi, son..." my father greeted him and Yoongi bowed on both of my parents. My mom was not looking at him though I swear I saw him tear up.

"Ommonie..." Yoongi called my mom and I was scared for a moment. Is my mom angry at him?

"Mom..." I called for her. Yoongi's hand tighten around mine and I can feel how sweaty his palm was getting.

Just when my mom finally looked at us, I was startled to see her crying. She started moving forward and pulled Yoongi for a hug.

"Son..." she whispered.

They used to call Yoongi that at it melts my heart to hear them call him like that again.

Yoongi's hand released mine as he hugged my mother back.

"Mom," I whispered, tearing up as well. Seeing my family warming up with Yoongi him being called as their son, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Yoongi gave the cake that we brought and had our dinner. My parents asked him a lot of questions,  mainly asking how he had been.

I was about to come back after coming from the restroom when I stopped from my tracks after I heard what my Mom just said.

"I'm happy to see that you two are back together. I'm just so sorry about what happened in the past,"

My heart started beating rapidly. Yoongi had hidden a lot of things from me. A lot. But all of them were for my sake too - I know. But this time, I feel like it's not just him.

"Sorry son, I know how much you suffered because of me," my father stated and it broke my heart to hear him say those words.

But more importantly, why?

Why did he say that?

My heart started beating rapidly. Something's wrong.

If I had the slightest idea of how this event would turn everything a mess, I shouldn't have brought Yoongi home.

I shouldn't have...