Chapter Eleven

"You look beautiful," Valerio murmured as he watched me straighten out my dress in the mirror. A smile stretched across my face and I slid my lip stick across my lips. Puckering them together, I looked over at Valerio to see him in a suit.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I teased. I linked my arm with him and he lead me out of the cabin and down the dirt path that lead to the pack house.

Nervousness bubbled inside of me. Everyone that was going to be at the party had watched me ascend, but I was going to actually talk and interact with people. I didn't know what to feel or what I was going to say.

"I informed the Alphas that there will be a private meeting later on this week when they could talk to you about business. Don't worry about talking about anything like that. We celebrate the rise of a new Goddess tonight."

I nodded my head as we approached the pack house. A few of Damon's pack members bustled busily in the kitchen, trying to cook the food and send it to the dining hall for the party. I waved to them as we passed, and they bowed their heads.

Valerio unhooked his arms from mine and pulled the large steel door open that lead to the dining hall. My eyes widened at how large it was and how many people were here. People laughed and cheered as we passed. Valerio led me to a table in the front of the room where only him, I, and a few other Protectors would sit.

After we sat, I glanced at Valerio. For the first time tonight, I noticed a bruise on his neck. I brushed my finger over it and he winced lightly.

"The Night God," I whispered to myself. I needed to figure out why he choked Valerio. I wonder when I was going to see him again. As if on cue, he appeared on the empty dance floor and smirked at me. He wore a black suit with a black shirt and tie.

"My Radiance. Come dance with me."

I looked around the room to see if anyone had heard him, but everyone continued talking like he wasn't there. A strange pull to him made me rise from my seat and shuffle to the dance floor with him. As soon as my heels clicked on the hardwood, everyone fell silent.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he snaked a hand around my waist, pressing himself closer to me. A smile twitched on his lips as everyone furrowed their eyebrows in my direction.

We swayed slowly to the music and I breathed in his scent and smiled.

"You name is Aeron?" I asked, remembering what my mother told me about him.

He nodded his head. "It is." His eyes flickered down my body for a moment. "You have turned into a beautiful young woman and a strong Moon Goddess. You're stronger than your mother ever was."

I raised my eyebrows at him and he continued. "Your mother only lasted one hour in the heat. Last night, you lasted for seven."

My eyes widened. "Seven?"

"Yes," he breathed out. He pushed a stray piece of hair away from my face. "You're incredibly strong. Strong enough to finally take down the Challengers with me."

"You helped my mom with the Challengers?" I asked.

"Oh, yes. We've been fighting them for years. We've killed some of them together, but they weakened her a great deal. But, you...you will be there downfall. I can feel it."

I smiled and nodded, getting lost in my own thoughts. I didn't want to think about the Challengers right now. I wanted to have fun. Aeron spun me around in his arms and we continued dancing.

"So, why am I the only one who can see you?" I questioned.

He chuckled. "They can see me, but I don't want them to. If you haven't noticed I like to keep people in the dark about me," he joked, gesturing down to his dark dress attire and the play on his name.