Chapter Fifteen

"Mae, are you alright? You've been out of it all morning," Valerio called from the bathroom.

I strolled over to the open door and leaned against the frame. He was adjusting his navy tie in the mirror. "Yeah. My dream last night kind of just shook me up."

Immediately, his hands froze and he glanced over at me, raising a brow. "You had a dream last night? I didn't see it."

"You didn't?" I asked. I thought he saw everything that I saw. My heart beat a little faster.

He shook his head and frowned. "What was it of?" Even though he turned back to adjusting his tie, I could tell he was listening to me very carefully. He too was confused as to why he didn't see my dream.

"Betrayal. It reminded me of my mother's lessons. It seemed like she was the one leading the dream like she did before. It felt so real," I admitted.

He ran his fingers along his stubble. "I'm not sure why I didn't see it... Maybe, this is one of your powers as a goddess that your mother didn't tell you about."

"How is having dreams a power? Everyone has them," I stated.

He shut the light off and placed his hand on my lower back, leading me to the front door. "When I was younger, my mother used to tell me myths about one person who could wield visions of the future. People called her the Presage. It was theorized that she had dreams and in these dreams, she saw only glimpses of the future and, on rare occasions, the past."

My eyes widened. "So, you think one of my powers is being a Presage?" I asked.

He nodded curtly as we walked down the dirt path to Damon's pack house. "Possibly. It would make sense. Your mother knew that you would be betrayed. The only way she would know that was if she had a dream similar to yours."

"Hm... I guess that makes sense. How does it works? Can I tell who will betray me before I'm betrayed?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. That'll be another thing we look for in your mother's journal. It might be a good thing if you start writing down your experiences like your mother did, just so we have a reference to all of your power. There's a possibility that you have powers other than what your mother had since you lasted seven times longer than she did during the heat."

Again, I nodded my head. I couldn't wait to get back to the Protector's property to find her journal. I needed answers that she didn't give me when she was alive. I hoped to find out what kinds of powers I had, but a part of me was afraid that her journal wouldn't make much sense. She seemed to always have to make things harder than they seemed. She always wanted me to figure things out by myself, which would be absolutely no help at all.

Uneasiness bubbled in my stomach as we approached the pack house. The power radiating from the house told me that all of the alphas were already waiting for me and for the meeting between us all to begin. Loud rumbles and howls boomed through the door. When we walked into the auditorium, everyone quieted down, and their eyes flickered to me. In a sudden movement, all heads were bowed.

Valerio and I walked to the front. My eyes scanned the crowd looking to see if everyone had arrived. I caught sight of Luca laughing with Richard in the front row, but he didn't see me. When Richard grimaced at me, Luca looked over and gave me a half smile. I looked away, not wanting to deal with him right now. I knew it was rude, but I had to keep my guard up, especially after he marked me.

Because he bit me, a bond would be forming between us, a bond stronger than love, a bond that would tie us together. I was not going to let him be my weakness during my time as a goddess.

My eyes fluttered back around the crowd, searching for Damon. I hadn't seen him yet.

Fingers lightly skimmed up my spine, sending a shiver down it. Lips brushed against my ear. "You're looking very strong today, My Radiance. I love it," Aeron's voice whispered in my ear. I turned my head to the side, meeting his face, and smiled. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his tight embrace. His muscles rippled against my skin.