Chapter Seventeen

Were they Challengers? Did they drain the life out of innocent pups before they met me?

My gaze flickered from Damon to Valerio - both whose eyebrows were furrowed together, and jaws were clenched. Did I even know these men? Sure, I knew what they chose to act like in front of me but did I know who they really were deep down?

I wanted to, but I didn't. And, I couldn't take any chances until I found out what this was all about.

A knot formed between Aeron's brows. His nose wrinkled just slightly as he stared and shook his head at the men. He glanced over at me and grimaced.

"What do you wish to do with them?" His voice rang in my head.

"Aeron, take Valerio and follow me."I grabbed Luca and Damon's wrist, squeezing them hard in my hand while I dragged them behind me.

"Where are we going?" Luca tried lightly pulling on his wrist, but I tightened my grip. I wasn't going to let him go. He's proven to me that I couldn't trust him, especially after what he's done. Who knew if I could even trust Damon and Valerio now?

I pursed my lips together, walking out of the pack house. Some alphas stared at us as we walked passed them. Luca and Damon grumbled something, but I ignored them. They began pulling on my wrist as Damon's pack members began staring at them now. When Damon growled over at them, they bowed their heads and averted their gazes.

"Mae, where are we go-" Luca began. His eyes widened as we approached the building. "You're taking us to the cells?! Are you fucking serious?"

I've never been to the Damon's pack cells before, but I had passed a few times since I've been back. I didn't want to bring them here, but I needed them all separated and secure. I didn't need Luca running off to his pack members gearing them all up for war when I needed to talk to them all and figure out what was going on.

As we approached Damon's pack cells, one of his warrior wolves stood guard. "Hello. How can I help you, Goddess?" He swallowed hard, his eyes flickered from me to Aeron to Damon. I could hear his heart racing in his chest.

"Are the cells empty?" I asked.

His eyes flickered to Damon. "Uh - that's information only the alpha and warrior wolves can... uh...know about."

"Yes, they're empty," Damon said from behind me, ignoring the man.

With a curt nod to my head, I studied the wolf, waiting for him to move out of the way so we could pass. Despite the slight waver to his body and the sweat rolling down his neck, he stood tall.

If he didn't move out of my w-

"Let us in, Aruve," Damon said.The wolf side stepped and held the door opened, following Damon's orders.

I pushed Luca and Damon inside and down the stairs while Aeron followed me with Valerio.

"Mae, I can't believe you! After what I just told you you're going to throw us all into a cell?"

Once my feet hit the bottom step, I released Damon and pushed Luca against the silver bars to one of the cells, wrapping my hand around the front of his neck. "Remember who you're talking to Luca, before you disrespect me again." I kicked opened the barred door with my foot and pushed him into it.

After I shut the door, he yanked on the bars, despite the silver burning his skin. "What the fuck? You're serious?!"

Ignoring him, I grabbed Damon's hand softer than I did last time and he followed me to two cells away, willingly walking into it. The door closed with a clank and he sighed, sitting down on the dirty cement, his knees bent, and his forearms posted on them. His gaze remained on the floor.