Returning From War

"What's got you grinning this morning Y/N?" Young Finn asked you as you placed a piece of toast in front of him.

"Your brothers are coming home today Finn." You smiled, then feeding yours and Johns toddler. The day John had left for war, was the day you found out you were pregnant. Now being two years of the Shelby's being gone, today would be the first time he was to meet his firstborn son.

"Does that mean I have to go back and live with Aunt Poll again?" Finn asked with a frown. Finn had lived with you since the boys had left for one simple reason, he loved you most.

"Why don't you want to go back to Aunt Poll?" You asked back. Truth was, before his mother passed away, you and her were extremely close and you promised to always look after Finn. With that, he had spent the majority of his life around you and never liked leaving you.

"Because I've loved staying with you and Leo." He admitted and you brushed your hand through his hair.

"You know you can stay here as long as you want but I'm sure Aunt Poll has missed you living with her." You told him.

"I'll have a think about it." He then ate his breakfast in peace.

"Y/N!" The door burst open and in came Polly and Ada. Your eyes widened when the rushed in.

"What can I do for you ladies?" You asked, taking Leo from his high chair and resting him on your hip. They both had smiles on their faces.

"The train from France is getting in early. They should be here in about five minutes." Polly told you and your jaw dropped. Within seconds, the four of you were out the house and running for the train station.

"Get out of my fucking way." You demanded at all the slow walkers. They immediately got out the way. It was a challenge running with a child in your arms, but you managed. The train had yet to arrive so you stood impatiently.

"You want me to take him?" Ada asked and you nodded handing her nephew over.

"I don't doubt for two minutes that within a couple of weeks she'll be pregnant again." Polly spoke.

"I wouldn't mind that." You chuckled. The sound of the train arriving echoed through the streets of Small Heath. Hundreds of women and their children were waiting for their men - including you. Men started to get off the train and you had yet to see where the Shelby brothers were.

"What if he forgot me?" You asked, suddenly panicked.

"He's your husband you daft cow, he's not gonna have forgotten you." Ada reminded you. You stood on your tippy toes and saw your husband part way down the platform.

"Well don't just stand there, go and fucking get him." Ada pushed you and you found yourself breaking out into a sprint. There was awful lot of dirty looks being sent your way but you didn't care.

"Who the fuck is barging through all those people?" Arthur muttered seeing the annoyance on other people's faces.

"I'll have you know Arthur Shelby, my earing' is pretty damn amazing." You crossed your arms over your chest. The three of their faces turned into smiles and John even had a tear in his eye.

"Hello sweet-heart." He grinned, wrapping his arms around you and spinning you around. When he put you down, the affection didn't stop and he just passionately kissed you without a care in the world.

"God I've missed you." He whispered.

"There's something you need to understand John." You told him as he wrapped his arm around you waist and followed his brothers to Ada, Polly, Finn and now Theo.

"We have a son." He stopped dead in his tracks.

"I found out the day you left. I wasn't allowed to send letters, they didn't let me. But he's in Ada's arms." He kissed you again and walked over to Polly, instantly taking the boy from her.

"Theo John Shelby." You told him and Tommy and Arthur smiled at their younger brother.

"I'm a dad lads, I'm a dad." John cried, the tears undoubtedly falling from his eyes.

"Your mother is an absolute saint Theo. Ain't you cute? Let's have another one." John suggested and of course that very night, you and him were at it like animals.