True Rumors

Four years it had been since your departure from Small Heath train station. You left without any negative thoughts except for the heartache both you and a certain John Shelby experienced.

See, the thing is, you and John had always clicked, slept with each other a couple of times but never did it go as far as friends with benefits or even a relationship for that matter. But when you told him you were leaving, it broke him apart.

Today you were coming back for good. None of the family knew you were coming back, but everyone was still intimidated by you.

"I can see why you left this dump Y/N, one wrong look to a bloke and they'll bang you in the nearest alleyway." Your best friend spoke and you chuckled because she wasn't exactly wrong.

"That up there is the infamous Garrison pub I was telling you about." You pointed to the building that was just a few meters away.

"Is it as disgusting inside as it is out?" She asked and you rolled your eyes. You opened the door for her and then stood at the bar.

"Well I be, it's Y/N!" Harry shouted, running around the bar and hugging you.

"Nice to see you again, this is Y/B/F/N." You introduced her and he shook her hand politely.

"The usual?" He asked and you nodded.

"Well it ain't half as shabby as what I anticipated." By this point you were ignoring her because the door the pub reopened again. Much to your suspense, in came all Shelby men.

"The rumours were fucking true!" Arthur shouted with a grin on his face, silencing everyone in the building.

"Y/N Y/L/N is back in bloody Birmingham!" He shouted again. He was quick to rush over and embrace you into a hug.

"Nice to see you again Arthur." You smiled.

"Well I be, Finn Shelby, ain't you all grown up." You smirked, giving him a hug.

"I'm eleven Sunday." He spoke making you laugh.

"Nice to have you back Y/N,  I suppose you're here to start trouble as per usual?" Tommy joked.

"I suppose you still have lane Fucking joked Thomas." He smiled and hugged you also. That left John. He didn't really know how to react.

"John?" You spoke, knocking him out of his daydream.

"A word Y/N." John grabbed your hand and lead you into the booth, shutting and locking the door so nobody could interrupt.

"Why are you here?" He asked, placing a cigar in his mouth.

"What a way to greet a lady Sweets." You mumbled, lighting a cigarette.

"Don't fucking call me that Y/N. You only ever called me that when you said you'd be there for me." He raised his voice and you gasped.

"I never stopped being there for you John. I called you every damn night and not one time did you pick up the phone. I came back for my own benefit and because I fell hard for you." You let out all your feelings.

"If you fell so fucking hard, why'd you get on the train in the first place?" He questioned.

"Be real with me John, if you're brother decided to kill himself would you wanna escape everything?" You asked back and he sighed, clearly forgetting everything that happened.

"Look I'm sorry, I forgot." He muttered.

"I'm not saying we go back to the whole sex and drama scene John because I ain't like that anymore. I'm ready to settle down and have me own family. I'm doing whatever it takes to get you to feel the same for me, whether that means I fight off all of the girls in Birmingham, I will try and make this work for us."