Mum

The anniversary of her death had come. None of the Shelby boys or Ada really knew what to do when it came down to this date. You were fortunate enough to meet her and she was an incredible lady.

"I'm taking it you all want roast potatoes on your dinners?" Polly asked, handing out the plates. Everyone had decided to go to her house.

"I'll help you out Poll." You told her, getting up and following her to the kitchen, sadly Linda also followed you.

"They're not being very sociable." Linda spoke, this was the first anniversary dinner she had attended. You glared at her.

"And you really think they're going to fucking talk on a day like this?" You asked, receiving a little smile from Poll. Linda's face went upside down and her head fell slightly. 

"Isn't that what you Shelby's do? You pretend like nothing happened after someone dies?" She asked and you mentally slapped yourself when John was stood behind her, listening to what she had to say.

"What was that?" John asked her, her face faltered.

"I was just saying that none of you are very sociable today." Linda repeated again. John was ready to break down, you could see it in his eyes.

"My mum Fucking died Linda and I swear to god you'll be the next one if you don't shove a sock in your mouth." John shouted before grabbing his coat and storming off outside.

"My glass is raised to you. Silly bitch." Polly spoke, getting the potatoes out of the oven. You walked back into the dining room and grabbed your shoes.

"What happened with Johnny?" Finn asked.

"Your brothers stupid wife opened her big mouth. As you know what Arthur? The next time she brings up being sociable on the anniversary of your mums death, I'll put a knife through her chest." You declared, rushing out to try and find John.

"John?" You called out, hoping you'd get some sort of response. That's when you saw him across the street on a bench with his head in his hands.

"Sweetheart?" You whispered, bending down in front of him and leaning on his knees to support your balance.

"She had the audacity Y/N. Who the fuck talks about something like that on a day like this?" John asked and it broke your heart to see him so upset.

"You did not deserve to hear that John. She ain't right in the head and to be quite honest, she shouldn't have been invited." You told him, removing his hands from his face so you could see him clearly.

"I know I shouldn't cry but I miss her Y/N." Johns voice cracked and a stray tear fell down his cheeks.

"Hey, just because you're a Shelby doesn't mean you're not allowed to cry. You can cry all you want in front of me, don't hold it in. I married you to be there for you John." You reassured him and grabbed your hand and laced it with his.

"You sure you don't mind a soppy bastard?" He joked making you chuckle.

"I couldn't give a flying fuck John. You don't deserve to feel like that. You wanna go back in? Or stay out here a little longer?" You asked him, before he said anything, he placed his lips on yours.

"I want you to know how much I appreciate and love you." John whispered, tucking a piece of loose hair behind your ear.

"And I love you too. Now don't take what big mouth has to say to your heart. You're stronger then that."