Proposal

"And what would you do if Johnny boy proposed to you?" Arthur asked you while you took sips on your wine.

"Why the sudden burst about marriage Arthur?" You asked back.

"I'm the one asking questions around ere Y/N." He chuckled and then in came the boy himself, along with Tommy and Finn.

"Speak of the devil." Arthur raised his glass.

"My darling loves my name on her tongue don't ya?" John grinned, sitting beside you and wrapping his arm around you waist.

"That's not the only thing she likes of yours brother." Tommy spoke making you roll your eyes.

"Yeah, we were talking about marriage and proposals." Arthur told him and John spat his drink out everywhere.

"Animal." You groaned at him.

"What's your ideal proposal then Y/N?" Tommy asked.

"It ain't you getting down on one knee Tommy. If this lad proposes to me, he's the one who is in responsibility of my ideal proposal." You pointed at John.

"I like that answer." He mumbled. John started shaking his leg, which was a nervous habit of his and you raised an eyebrow.

"What's up with you?" You questioned him.

"Nothing babe. Do you think you could run down the shops and get a new dress?" John handed you a lump of cash.

"You're acting suspicious but sure." You muttered, kissing him and then exiting the pub. There was a dress shop you often went to when you needed a new wardrobe and the workers knew who you were.

"Ah Miss Shelby." The lady smiled, curtsying. One thing about being a Shelby's girl was that everyone else treated you like royalty. John had his claim on you and most were scared because he was your boyfriend.

"Not quite Miss Shelby yet. You don't happen to have a red dress, preferably with sparkles and gems?" You asked and she smiled.

"Anything for you Miss Shelby." She headed round the corner while you stood, running your finger over some other dresses. She came back with the exact dress you wanted.

"Holy fuck that's gorgeous." Your breath hitched in your throat. John would be even more in love with you then he already is.

"May I ask why you need such a beautiful dress?" She asked and you shrugged your shoulders

"John just told me to come out and buy one." You chuckled.

"Bless. On the house Y/N." You knew the lady was in the easiest way to say, poor. She had to work every single day just to provide for her children let alone herself.

"No, I know how hard you work. Take this for yourself." You handed her five pounds.

"God bless you Miss Shelby. If only there were more kind people like you out there." She kissed your cheek and handed you your dress. Of course you sprinted back home and changed into it. Minutes later, Aunt Poll came upstairs.

"Holy Jesus you look beautiful." She grinned, taking your hand and leading you downstairs.

"Where are you taking me?" You asked her and she shook her head. When she opened the front door, half the town was outside and they had moved out out of the way and formed two lines on either side so you could walk down the middle.

"What the fuck?" You asked Finn as you walked passed him. At the end of the line, there was John, bent down on one knee.

"How the fuck didn't I suss you out earlier ay?" You giggled, kissing him when you reached the end.

"You know I'm no good at this, but will you marry me Y/N? Be a Shelby?" He grinned and of course your answer was.

"Yes you dick, I'll be a Shelby."