Daughter

You were John Shelby's 16 year old daughter, a few days away from being 17. Your mum, Martha had died, leaving you with your dad, and three much younger siblings. That was until he was forced to marry Esme. A women whom came from the Lee family.

"He doesn't care about me now he has her." You sighed to the barmaid Grace.

"I'm sure that's not true now Miss Shelby." She told you.

"Tell me, when was the last time you saw me and my dad having a giggle in that booth?" You asked her and she looked at you sympathetically.

"I don't think I've ever recalled you two in the booth." She admitted.

"Exactly. Just a couple of years ago, I'd be by my dads side after he came home from war. You could say like a magnet. But now, I'm dust to him." She didn't know what to say and you couldn't blame her.

"Ay there she is." You heard your uncle Arthur entering the pub alongside Tommy. You rolled your eyes and pretended you didn't know them.

"Shouldn't you be at home with your dad?" Tommy asked, handing you a cigarette.

"If I should be at home with him, I would've been there by now Uncle Tom. He's too busy shagging his new bird and now I've lost my fucking dad because of your stupid negotiations." You snapped.

"And don't even try and tell me he cares because he hasn't talked to me since they got married. How long ago was that? Oh yeah, six weeks. Six whole weeks and my dad hasn't bothered with me once. So here's to you." You raised your glass and downed it.

"Y/N don't be like that." Arthur patted your shoulder but you shrugged him off.

"All I want is for my dad to care about me again." You cried, slipping off the barstool and rushing out. Luck was clearly not on your side because you barged right into Esme and your dad. He didn't say a single word to you and neither did she. Tommy and Arthur was there to see it as well.

"At first I thought she was exaggerating and now I see how bad of an idea your marriage really was." Tommy told his younger brother.

"What the fuck are you on about Tom?" John asked.

"Your daughter is on the verge of breaking because you haven't talked to her." Arthur told him.

"That's not true now is it?" Esme chuckled.

"Wanna fucking know something Dad?" You shouted, feeling that ultra boost of confidence. They all turned to you.

"Ever since mum died you really couldn't give a flying fuck about me could you? Esme was just at the right place, and now you're gonna start a new life with her and have more kids. I'm done. I'm done pretending that I don't need my dad because I do. But you, you've pushed me and I can't do it." You told him and with that you left. You headed straight to your home where you knew your younger brothers were.

"Y/N." They all cooed, rushing over to you and hugging your knee. The nanny smiled at you and let you be with your siblings.

"Why are you crying?" Your youngest brother asked and you wiped away the tears quickly.

"Don't worry darling. Have you all had dinner?" You asked them and they all nodded.

"When's daddy coming home?" That was the question you didn't even want to answer.

"He's here." A voice behind you spoke. Looking back would've made you break apart so you kept your focus on the fire burning in front of you.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I'm so fucking sorry."