Affair

One night was all it took him to break your heart. It wasn't that what hurt you, it was the fact his actions were caught out and someone else had to inform you of them. Having out Johns four children up to bed, you sat on the sofa by the fire and lit a cigarette.

Less than half an hour it took him to come home, and when he did, he cautiously walked through the living room.

"What are you still doing up Y/N?" He asked, but you didn't turn around.

"I wanted to see if what I heard was true." You told him. He felt his heart beat raising for he knew what he had done.

"What exactly did you hear?" He asked again, kneeling down in front of you.

"Small Heath isn't that big John, I hear a lot of things." You dragged out the conversation.

"What did you hear today?" He was getting impatient and you could tell because the look on his face was angry.

"Three." You mumbled and he dressed his eyebrows together.

"Three questions you've asked me in a space of two minutes. Why don't I ask some yeah? My first one, how's Lizzie in the bedroom?" You questioned him and he stood back.

"How many times? Wait I heard that to. Approximately four times in the past two weeks. Why did you do it? I forgot I got told. You did it because you were drunk." You shoved him and he let you.

"Let me explain Y/N." He began and you shook your head.

"I understand that I'm not always on your hip like she is but I look after your kids every single day when you're out doing business. Or what I thought was doing business. John, they're not my kids. They see more of me then their own father." You snapped.

"Don't you think I fucking know that Y/N? I do business to earn money. What happens with that money? It provides you everything you've fucking wished for." He retaliated.

"Oh you really want to take it down that road? You're telling me sleeping with some whore let me rephrase that, having an affair on your wife without her knowing earns money?" You questioned, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Don't fucking lie to me John." You cried, throwing your hands up in the air.

"I made a mistake. I made a mistake and I won't forgive myself for it. I got drunk and went overboard." He sighed and you laughed wickedly.

"Overboard is an understatement John. What you've done is unforgivable." You grabbed your coat and wrapped it around your body.

"You can't leave me, you can't leave the kids." Johns voice cracked. He knew he had messed up massively.

"Why? Because you're a Shelby and you'll kill anyone I'm seen hanging around with? Newsflash John, I can do whatever I want whenever I please. You no longer have an input on my life." You told him.

"Y/N I'm sorry." He apologised, blocking the door to prevent you from leaving.

"You know things may have been totally different if you were honest with me. I had to find out from the locals that you had been seen going places with that wretch." You whispered, not wanting to wake up the kids upstairs.

"I didn't know how too." He was lost for words.

"You don't know what you have until you lose it John. I'll have someone get my things tomorrow. It was nice while it lasted." You sighed, moving him out the way and leaving. You reached the end of the street and burst out crying, everything just tumbled down.