Still Here

A calm phone call from Polly was never good. She'd either be shouting or excited whenever she called, but not this time. She had simply said "you need to come" and put the phone down. Slowly you entered the betting shop. All the Shelby brothers were sat down, including your husband John.

"Why do I need to be here?" You asked, feeling uneasy with the silence.

"I think it's best you sit down Y/N." Michael told you.

"I think it's best you tell me what the fuck is going on?" You snapped. John looked like he had been crying.

"Arthur explain your knuckles." You clenched your jaw when you noticed his bruised, bloody hands. He looked over at you sympathetically.

"We did something bad, real bad." Arthur began, but let out a slight sob before he could carry on.

"You lot have never been so silent." You muttered.

"Y/N, Before I tell you anything, know that I love you and always will. You need to understand that there are reasons for everything that happens." John spoke steadily. He came over and stood next to you.

"Henry..." John stopped, a tear falling down his face.

"What about my brother? What did you do?" You questioned.

"I didn't do anything." John replied quickly.

"He's dead Y/N, he got killed." John informed you. Suddenly your whole body went numb. You even felt yourself grow nauseous.

"Who killed him?" You asked. They all looked at you as if you were crazy do you had yet to burst into tears.

"Who fucking killed him John!?" You shouted.

"Kimber and his men." That's all you needed to here. You grabbed the spare ammunition and gun from the side and sprinted out the house. Everyone grew alert and chased after you, knowing you were going to go mental.

"Y/N get back here for fuck sake!" John sprinted after you. You headed straight for Kimbers hotel, and you were satisfied when you saw him sat with a cigarette in his hand and a bunch of whores surrounding him.

"Ah Mrs Shelby, what can I do for you?" He asked. The man had bruises over his face, presumably the ones that Arthur had put there.

"This ones for Henry you fucking dick." You shot him straight in the head, twice in face. All of the other people began running and screaming whereas you turned around and went back outside. The Shelby brothers had finally caught up to you.

"My brother is dead." You whispered to John, and that's when it came crashing down on you.

"I'm the only one left John. They're all dead. What if I'm next? What if it's meant to be?" You asked him.

"You're stupid if you think for one minute you're unprotected. You just killed Billy Kimber Y/N. You've just stopped a potential war." John reassured you.

"Henry's gone." You cried and John found himself growing emotional with you. He hated seeing you cry. He especially hated showing his emotions but everyone was close to your brother.

"Did he have any last words?" You asked him. Tommy and Arthur gave John a sad look and he nodded.

"He said that he loves you. Not us, you." John told you and you sighed, wiping the fallen tears. You should've seen it coming really, all four of your other brothers had been shot dead too.

"You're never leaving my sight you understand me? I ain't letting you get the slightest bruise." John wrapped his arms around you.

"I just wish he was still here." You kept repeating and obviously now, you had to cope with even more grief.