Chapter 8- What Did I Do?

"Hey, I'm gonna head out. I ran into an old friend and we need to catch up." I said to Jimmy.

"Alright, have fun babe." He said.

I went to the restaurant we planned on going to. I hadn't been to this one before but was willing to try it out. I walked in and saw Ryan in a tux sitting at a nearby table. I was wearing a long blue dress.

"Oh hey, you look amazing!" Ryan said.

"Thanks you too." I paused. "Just so we're clear this is not a date."

"Of course." He said with a laugh.

We talked for awhile and then we got to more serious questions.

"So are you seeing anyone?" He said. I think he was interested in getting back together and I don't know how I feel about that. I love jimmy but I haven't completely let go of what me and Ryan had.

"Actually, yeah."

"Who's the lucky guy." he said softly.

"Jimmy Fallon." I said quickly so he wouldn't understand. I kinda didn't want him to know that I was dating a celebrity.

"Who?"

"Jimmy Fallon." I said with a sigh.

"Oh wow. SNL stars dating each other. I'm happy for you, Tor." He said with a smile, a fake smile.

"How bout you?" I said.

"Actually I've only dated one person since we broke up. That only lasted about 6 months. That's bad isn't it? It's been like 2 years since we broke up. I still.....I still love you, Torie."

"Ryan....." I said softy.

"Well I'll pay for the bill and then I'll take you home." he said.

We arrived at my front steps. It was an awkward silence for awhile.

"Look Torie I miss you, a lot. It was a huge mistake to leave you, I should've turned down the promotion. I should've just stayed...with you." He said.

"No, no, Ryan. It was a huge opportunity. I would've felt bad if I made you turn down something like that."

"Well I wish I did. Torie I haven't stopped loving you." He took a step close to where we were inches apart. "I need you back Torie." He leaned into to kiss me and I didn't pull back. Why didn't I pull back?! We parted and I saw jimmy standing there watching us. How long has he been standing there?!

"Jimmy." I said. He turned away, walking fastly away from me.

"I'm sorry Ryan but you have to leave."

"Torie, I'm so so sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

"JUST GO! Please..." I was holding back tears and then I ran after Jimmy.

"Jimmy wait please." I caught up to him and and tried to pull him to face me but he wouldn't. When I finally managed to get in front of him there were tears in his eyes. I was lost for words. I didn't know what to say.

"Torie, I.....I don't want to talk about this now....or ever. We're done. Goodbye." He walked off and I just watched him. I just fucking watched him. What did I do?