Chapter 16- Its Our Anniversary

Today is Jimmy and I's anniversary! I'm really excited. We planned on going to the fanciest restaurant in the city and then take a walk through Central Park after our dinner. Today I woke up to breakfast in bed. It was so sweet. He made eggs, bacon, toast, and pancakes that did not look like pancakes. But it was still so sweet. We agreed to exchange gifts when we got home tonight. But right now we were going to just lay around and watch movies. It's a tradition of ours to have a movie day three times a month. we just wanted to lay low today.

We watched multiple movies but talked and kissed throughout each movie. It was perfect.

I headed back to my apartment to get ready for our dinner. I bought this long red dress that in my opinion was perfect. I curled my hair and applied some make up. I looked in the mirror and twirled around, admiring how nice I cleaned up. It was 5:47 and jimmy was going to pick me up at 6. I added a few more touches to pass the time until I heard a knock on the door.

I opened the door to jimmy wearing a light colored tux with a red tie. He looked super hot in a suit. I can't even begin to tell you.

"Wow! you look amazing!" he said smiling big. He was trembling a little. He must be nervous for some reason.

"You too! You should wear suits more often!" I said.

"Anything for you." He said and kissed me.

-----

The restaurant was beautiful. It had chandeliers hanging in multiple spots. Beautiful flowers placed at each table, gold table clothes, and candles everywhere. It's was breath taking.

"Wow, this is gorgeous." I said.

"Yeah, and expensive." He said laughing. "Happy anniversary again, babe."

"Happy anniversary." I said giving him a kiss.

We had dinner and it was so, so good. I helped him with the bill because it was expensive and I didn't want him to pay all of it by himself.

----

We walked down Central Park hand in hand.

"It's been one hell of a year with you." He said.

"Yeah, it's been great." I said. "So where from here? What's next for us?"

"You'll know soon enough." He said with a big grin. His hands were trembling and he's been nervous all day.

"Why so nervous." I finally said but was interrupted by a piano, harp, and choir. And in front if the choir was Justin Timberlake. He winked at me and continued singing. It was so beautiful, the music. This was a great anniversary gift but why so big? Not thy i don't appreciate it. I only got him a guitar and that made me feel embarrassed.

"James, what's all this?" I said shocked.

"Torie, I love you, a lot. And....and....I want you to be in my life for an eternity. You've become more than my girlfriend, you've become my best friend. I...I want you to be the mother of my kids, I want you to be my wife."he got down on one knee.

"Oh my god, James!" I said excitedly with tears filling my eyes. Is this really happening right now? Am I finally going to get to marry the love of my life? He opened a case holding the most beautiful ring. I starred at it in awe.

"Jamessss....."

"Torie Lynn Miller or shall I say 'nobody'......" He paused. "Will you marry me?"