Intro: Purple Rain

Rain splashes heavily onto the grounds of Derry, Maine. The sky roars loudly with thunder, and fills itself with dark storm clouds.

Georgie Denbrough runs along the street, chasing after the new paper boat his brother made. Giggles flood the air around him as he runs and runs; he fails to notice the multiple construction signs and blocks ahead.

Managing to dodge the first sign, he completely smacks his forehead into the next.

Meanwhile, less than a mile away, an explosion takes place. A radio like object appears, along with a slightly tattered looking girl.

She looks puzzled, and confusedly observed her surroundings. As her eyes travel around her, she comes to realize that she is at the edge of the forest, but can see the town from where she stands.

Without a second thought, she packs the radio like deviance into her backpack.

"So I guess time travel exists," she snorts. "And those assholes said I could never pull it off."

She reaches into her back pocket— expecting to find her IPhone 6, and earphones. Instead she pulls out a pocket-size cassette player and old looking head phones.

"What the fuck," she grumbles. "Well, this is certainly a blow."

Being from 2015, and clearly a newbie at time travel, she was expecting to have her phone with her throughout her journey of vengeance. Only it seems her phone has turned into a crappy cassette player with a tape mix of different songs.

She stands there for about five minutes trying to figure out how the player works. After a few random buttons, she manages to play the first song on the tape— and it's so fucking cliche.

Purple Rain, by Prince. And it's raining. What a coincidence.

After getting the song working, she walks into town and quickly searches for a convenient store. Luckily, her eyes spot a 7/11 down the road, and she quickly rushes towards the junk stop.

As she comes into the store, a loud ring chimes, and the guy at the counter looks up from whatever dorky comic he was reading.

"Hello, welcome to Stripes— 7/11! I mean 7/11...." he grumbles, clearly uninterested.

The girl strides towards the counter with a sort of attitude that intimidates the cashier just enough to have him sit up and attempt to hide his comic.

"U-Uh, can I help you?" He nervously jibbers.

"What's the date?" She straightforwardly asks, no hint of emotion in her voice.

"October 20th," he responds, confused.

"What year?" She adds.

He chuckles a little, almost thinking she's joking around. He stops giggling like an idiot when he realizes she's serious.

"Oh, um, it's 1988? Why?" He responds. "Is this a prank?"

"What time?" She demands, ignoring his other questions.

"12:37?"

Now he's really confused, looking at her like she's some sort of alien. What kind of kid walks into a convenient store acting like they don't know what year it is?

"Shit," she grumbles, "I'm late."

With that, she storms out of the store and starts running in a random direction, only to realize that she has no idea where the hell shes even going. So she doubles back into the store, frightening the man at the counter once again.

"How do I get to Jackson street?" She asks.

"Um...down the street to the right..." he mutters, staring at her suspiciously.

With that, she runs down the road in a full on sprint, praying she reach the point she desires to be on time. If she doesn't, then all her work was for nothing, and she have to start all over again.

To her relief, down the road, she can see a bright yellow rain coat bent over and talking into a sewer drain.

At the sight of this, she speeds up her running, and as she reaches the boy, she picks him up and continues running without looking back at all.

The boy yelps slightly in surprise at first, but says almost nothing as the girl runs further down the street.

She doesn't stop running until they're far from any sewer drains, and far into the woods.

Gently, she sets the small boy down, and puts a single finger to her lips— insinuating for him to keep quiet until she says to speak up. Finally, after five minutes or so of pure silence, she breaks the silence.

"Don't you know you shouldn't talk to strangers, let alone clowns in the sewer?"