6: Somebody To Love

"Alright, so are we going in or what?" Richie questions, standing up from their hiding spot in the bush.

"What? Right now?" Stan questions nervously.

"No, tomorrow," Richie sarcastically responds. "Yes, right now!"

Eddie shrugs his shoulders and nods.

"Well, I don't see why not," he says.

"Well, to begin with, we don't know her really well. Look, guys, she may have defended us earlier today, but what if she's just like them? As much as I'd like to be her friend, none of us seem to have anything in common with her," Stan points out.

"So, what're you saying?" Richie says, almost looking offended.

"I'm just saying we shouldn't trust her so quickly. We don't just go into strangers house, let alone a girls," he mumbles.

Eddie almost wants to agree, so he says nothing even when Richie looks to him for some back up.

"Stan, are you fucking serious? Look, this is your dad talking. I don't know Andi too well, but I know her well enough," Richie defends.

"You literally only know her name," Stan states.

"Guys—" Eddie tries to intervene.

"That's all I've got to know! Jesus, Stanley, what is she gonna do? Forcibly suck our dicks?" He argues. "As much as I'd like that to be true, this is just your way of letting your Dad keep you paranoid. You'll never have fun if you let him control—"

"Shut up," Stan shouts. "It's not my dad! It's me! I don't trust her."

It's his dad. It's definitely his dad.

For years, Stan has known a comfortable life where he befriends people who are predictable and easy to keep track of. He isn't about to ruin the good streak he has with his father by letting a confident, outspoken, provocative girl into his life. 

"You don't trust who?" A voice renders them out of their silence.

The three turn their heads to Andi standing on the porch with a confused expression. She came out because she could hear the arguing from inside her house. Even with her music turned up.

There's an awkward silence lingering in the air, and suddenly Stan hope that Richie doesn't repeat a single thing they just said.

He doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Nothing," Richie says, causing Stan to breathe a sigh of relief.

She nods, not really believing him, and crosses her arms.

"So, what do you want?" She questions, allowing her eyes to drift to Stan.

As soon as she catches his attention, she smiles widely.

"Hey, Stan," she greets, disregarding her previous question. "I didn't realize you were gonna take up my offer so soon. "

Stan blushes brightly and tries to look anywhere but her, yet, somehow, his eyes keep drifting back to hers. He tries to hide his smile as much as possible, but he can tell by the look on Eddie's face that he's not doing a very good job at it.

"I-It wasn't really my idea..." he shrugs. "Richie wanted to come over."

"Yeah, right," Richie snorts. "He practically begged to peak through your window!"

Stan shoots Richie a death glare, and Andi laughs softly at the banter that follows between them. They go back and forth muttering insults to each other like distressed soccer moms.