16: Kiss On My List

"Did she say what was wrong?" Andi asks, stumbling out of bed to fix her messy hair.

"She just said we needed to get there fast," Stan responds, quickly pulling himself together and fixing his kippa onto his head.

This morning, earlier than anticipated, Andi's rotary phone went off. Stan habitually answered it only to be screamed at by a panicked Beverly about how blood came from her sink.

She was so disturbed that she didn't even question why Stan was answering Andi's phone.

It woke Stan right up, and he was quick to wake Andi as well. Now here they are, getting ready for what already feels like a long day ahead of them.

"I can't go," Andi explains, causing a frown to spread across Stan's expression.

"Why not?"

"I made plans with Georgie," Andi explains. "I plan on keeping my word."

"Oh, okay," Stan sighs. "I guess I'll tell the others where you are."

With that, the two walk towards the door, grabbing random belongings as the rush out. Once at Stan's bike, Andi shuffles into her wind breaker.

"Will I see you later?" Stan questions, squinting at the sun as he hops onto his bike.

"Probably," Andi grins, getting onto her own bike. "I'll probably have to save you, like always."

Stan smiles, and watches as she begins ride her bike away just as Richie crosses the street to meet him.

"W-Wait!" He suddenly falls to her, realizing something.

Andi turns her bike around, giving him a confused look. Richie keeps quiet, not wanting to ruin a moment for once.

She stops her bike beside him.

"What? You forget something?" She questions, examining his expression.

He nervously stumbles over his words, trying to think of what exactly to say. How do you ask someone for a kiss when you're right in front of someone else?

"I..uh, I-I," he stutters.

Andi smiles, realizing what he must be getting out. Thankfully for Stan, when you're dating a girl like Andi, you never really have to ask.

She leans forward onto his bike a bit and presses her lips to his in a soft 'see-you-later' kiss.

When she pulls away, he doesn't say anything, just smiles.

"See you later," she chuckles, then proceeds to bike away in the direction of Bill's house.

The two boys stand there for a second or two, just watching as she rides away.

"Well," Richie smirks, "looks like my love doctor magic has transformed you."

"Shut up, Richie," Stan replies, looking away with a grin.