1: You're My Best Friend

"You're a stranger," Georgie points out. "Please take me home, you're scaring me..."

The boy pulls his hands away from the girl, cowering away a little.

"I'm scaring you? You were literally just talking to a fucking clown in the sew— you know what, okay. That's fair. I get it. Some random girl comes and swoops you up, who wouldn't be scared?" She sighs. "But, look, I want you to know that I'm here to protect you."

Georgie's face contorts into confusion, and he cautiously steps back toward her.

"Well why did you have to introduce yourself that way? You know that was sorta rude," he points out.

She chuckles a little, shaking her head in agreement.

"Yeah, sorry, but I had to get to you before you reached your hand in," she explains. "That clown you were talking to is very dangerous, Georgie. I want you to stay away from him at all costs. In fact, don't talk to ANYONE you don't know, okay? Promise me."

"He's dangerous?" He mumbles sadly in reply. "He had my boat though...and Bill will be really upset if I don't get it back."

"Bill?" She questions.

"My older brother," he explains. "He's my bestest friend, but he was too sick to come outside with me today."

She nods her head understandingly, but quickly get back to the matter at hand.

"Okay, but can you promise not to talk to the clown or strangers again?"

"I can't promise," he shakes his head.

"What the hell," she grumbles, "Well, why not?"

"That's a bad word, and because I don't even know you, and I can only make promises to my friends or my best friends," he explains matter-of-factly. "Plus, aren't you sorta being a hypocrite by saying not to talk to strangers when you're a stranger."

"Wow," she grumbles to herself, "this shit is gonna be a lot harder than I thought."

Looking back up to Georgie, she smiles softly.

"Okay, then. I'm Andi Lox, which sounds like fox, and like socks, but don't get confused or overly amused— it's simply Andi Lox," she hums. "That little rhyme is an inside joke between only my family and closest friends, and now that you know it, doesn't that mean we're best friends?"

Georgie can't help but giggle at how silly the little rhyme sounds, and yet again nods his head happily.

"Is that really your name?" He questions.

"Yup," she nods. "Andi Lox. So, friends?"

He nods his head.

"Okay."

"Do you promise not to talk to strangers or clowns?"

"I promise."

With that, the 17 year old girl takes the boy's hand and walks him all the way back into town. She doesn't let his hand go even for a split second, and listens to all the stories he has to tell as he leads her to his home.

He goes on and on about different things, jumping subjects back and forth.

Along the way, she makes him promise not to tell anyone how they really met, or about the clown.

Every once in a while he mentions Bill and his friends, and how those are also his friends. Andi smiles sweetly at all of his chatter, enjoying his friendly child like vibe.

Finally, they reach a grey house with white accents. It's very nice, and as they reach the front door, Andi feels slightly anxious about leaving Georgie behind.

"Okay, it was nice meeting you, Georgie," Andi hums, going to leave him on his porch.

"W-Well, wait!" He calls, causing her to turn around. "Aren't you going to come inside and play? I thought we were best friends?"

Andi smiles softly at him, walking back up the steps.

"I can't play today," she explains. "You see...I, uh....I just moved into town, and I've got to unpack."

"Well can I at least introduce you to my parents? I want them to see how cool my new friend is!" He cheers, smiling innocently.

Andi giggles a little, and nods.

"Okay," she agrees. "How about I ring the door bell and let them meet me out here. Then, I go home and unpack."

Now that she thinks about, where the hell was she planning to stay anyways?

Ignoring her thoughts, she reaches out and pushes the doorbell. It releases a loud chime, and is followed by a brief silence. Within seconds, the door is pulled open to reveal an older man.

He looks shocked to see Georgie.

"Georgie, have you been outside? You didn't ask me or your mother for permission, young man," he lectures in a disapproving tone, not noticing the girls presences.

Georgie looks guilty at his feet, tugging on the older girl's hand nervously.

Only then does the man seem to notice her presence.

"Oh, hello," he greets with a polite smile.

"Hi," she nods. "I found him down the street chasing his boat. I thought it was cold out, and the storm is getting pretty serious, so I brought him home."

"Thank you, I'm so sorry you had to go out of your way. Can I invite you in?" He offers, kindly taking Georgie from her.

"Oh, no sir, thank you though," she waves. "I really have to be going, but I appreciate offer."

"She'll be back though!" Georgie chimes in, "she's my best friend! We have lots of things in common, too. Like we both like paper boats and turtles, also she likes stuffed animals, too!"

Mr. Denbrough, as Andi gathers is who he is, laughs softly nodding his head.

"Well, we'll be happy to have you over anytime. Thank you again for bringing Georgie home safely."

"It was no problem at all, bye now," Andi waves, walking down the porch as they close the door behind her.