19: Don't Stop Believin'

Laughter and mischief swamps the air of the Lox residence, the losers sit on her living room floor once more, gathered in what Andi seems a "celebration". As they wait for the girl to return from her kitchen, they joke between each other, and pass the snacks back and forth.

Pillows and blankets are scattered around, and most of the space on her large floor is occupied. The radio blasts symphonies of "Don't Stop Believin'," by Journey.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Stan nervously follows Andi around as she gathers what he knows his parents wouldn't approve of.

"Andi, I really don't think this is a good idea," Stan tries, watching as she grabs a whole bottle of liquor from her cabinet.

"Stan, please stop being so dramatic," she chuckles. "We'll be fine."

"I'm not being dramatic! This is literally illegal, and I don't want my parents to find out," he pleads.

"Your parents think you're at Bill's," she calms. "Plus, this is the safest way to discover your alcoholic tendency. Where would you prefer to learn how much is too much, here with people you trust? Or at some frat party in college where people could easily take advantage of you?"

Stan stays quiet at this, realizing that what she says might be true. However, he isn't ready to give up.

"What if I don't drink in college?" He suggests.

"Now that's just unrealistic," she laughs, moving to a sitting position on her counter. "Come on, babe, it's just blue curaçao! You don't even have to drink if you don't want to, but at least let the others make that decision for themselves."

He nervously moves to stand between her legs, still thinking about the situation.

Deep down inside, he wants to just see what the hype is all about, but he doesn't want to disappoint his family. Somehow, he doesn't seem so intimidated by the blue substance anymore.

He glances up at Andi's patient eyes, and he realizes that it's really up to him. He knows she'll put it away if that's what he wants, and that's why she's still here. She's waiting for his approval.

"Do you promise this is safe?" He sighs.

She grins widely, leaning forward and placing a soft kiss to his lips.

He smiles into the kiss, feeling her soft hands pressed against his cheeks. He wonders if getting drunk will make him feel nearly as woozy as kissing her does.

When she pulls away, she stares into his eyes with a flashing glint.

"It's safe," She whispers, hopping off the counter and heading back into the living room.

Stan stays put for a few seconds, trying to focus on reality again, but it was getting harder every time she kissed him.

Finally, he follows after her in a hurry.

As she gets into the living room, she hides the bottle behind her back and moves to stand above them all on her couch.

"May I have your attention," Andi calls, nodding her head towards Stan.

He quickly moves to turn down the radio, although Journey can still be heard.

The losers stop joking around, ready to listen to whatever she was about to say.

"In honor of making a new friend," She nods towards Mike, causing everyone to applaud and cheer, she smiles while Mike jokingly bows, "And in honor of Independence Day, I would like to present you fools with a small present from me to you."

"Kisses?" Richie jokes, Eddie throws a pillow at him.

"Better," she laughs, pulling the bottle from behind her, "alcohol!"

"Ah hell yeah!" Richie cheers, and the losers lightly applaud.

Andi flicks the lid off, being the first to take a long swig from the bottle.

Eddie looks a little nervous, but also a little curious. He decides not to go against it, looking forward to having his first "adult" experience with his close friends. He wouldn't have it any other way.

So, with a huff of his inhaler, Eddie takes the bottle next, taking an even longer drink before pulling away and nearly choking.

Everyone stares at him in shock, barely registering what he just did.

Finally, he looks up to them, wiping his mouth.

"What?" He questions. "It wasn't that bad."

"You probably get that from you mom," Richie snorts, taking the bottle next and doing the same.