5: Under Pressure

"Did you see the way she talked to me?!" Stan enthusiastically questions.

"Yes, for the love of Christ, Stanley. We saw," Eddie snaps, already tired of hearing about the previous conversation.

"Eddie, be nice," Richie defends, "Stan doesn't believe in Christ."

"Shut up, Richie," Stan scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"What? It's true!" The trash mouth defends.

The three losers ride their bikes down the road, away from Bill's place. Apparently, Bill couldn't hang out today because he and his family were having a night in.

This meant that they would all probably go hang out at Richie's.

Stan almost agreed with Eddie and said no because of how smokey the place always is, but Richie mentioned how they could probably just go hang out across the street at Andi's place.

So now he's riding his bike along side Richie, still blushing from how close Andi was to him.

"I just don't understand what she could possibly see in me," Stan mumbles.

"Yeah, me either," Richie jokes.

"Beep beep, Richie," Eddie shouts. "Stan, don't be so self degrading. There's plenty of things girls would like about you."

"Yeah, like your overly tight button up shirts," Richie agrees. "I mean, it looks like it's choking you, but it's also pretty hot when you consider that it makes your shoulders look broader."

Eddie shakes his head, but still laughs a little at how serious Richie actually is about the point he's made.

"Jeez, thanks," Stan sarcastically smiles.

"Anytime," he nods, nudging his thick glasses up.

Finally, they arrive at Richie's house, but are immediately distracted by the loud music coming from across the street.

"What the hell is that?" Eddie questions.

"Don't know," Richie responds. "Should we check it out?"

Stan nods, and Eddie shrugs.

Richie leads the way, walking slowly across the street and hiding in a bush by the front window. The other boys follow, looking awfully suspicious to passerby's.

Now that they're closer, the music has become clearer.

The song seems to be "Under Pressure," by Queen.

For a few seconds, the don't really see anything in the windows, but as soon as they do, Richie can't help but laughing loudly.

In the house, Andi is dancing like a maniac, and she doesn't seem to care about anything at all. She seems to be in pure bliss, singing along loudly to the tune as it blasts loudly.

"It's the terror of knowing what this world is about, watching some good friends scream, 'let me out!'. Pray tomorrow– gets me higher higher high!!" She sings loudly.

Her eyes are shut tightly, and her hands do most of the dancing when they aren't shaped to look as though she's holding some invisible microphone.

Stan stares in awe from the window, completely ignoring any comments Eddie and Richie drop.

"She looks crazy," Eddie laughs.

"She looks like she's having fun," Richie corrects. "I wish I could dance that confidently when I'm alone."

"You do! remember the other day when I walked into your room—" Eddie starts.

"EDS," he immediately stops. Suddenly, his tone becomes lighter and slightly more embarrassed as he mumbles, "you said you wouldn't tell anyone."

Stan glance at Richie with an amused grin, which only makes the trashmouth roll his eyes.

"Oh, don't give me that look, loverboy," he muses.

The curly haired boy blushes at his words, shifting his eyes back to the window just in time to see the girl fall to her knees in a dramatic solo— hitting queens high note.

That really makes them laugh, and suddenly, they don't feel so intimidated by the girl because they realize just how normal she actually is. It didn't matter if she punched Henry in the face, or came out of no where and lives alone— she's still just a kid. Just like them.

"You know what this means for us right?" Eddie suddenly questions, causing the other two to look at him.

"What?" Stan hums.

"We have to become her friend," Richie answers with a bright grin. "I was thinkin' the same thing, Eds."

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that," Eddie grumbles. "But, yeah, we gotta be her friends."

Stan nods his head in agreement, sort of listening to them, but also keeping his eyes fixed on the girl who oh so passionately is dancing around like a maniac. Something inside chest seems to spark up at the sight.

"Maybe a little more than that for Stan," Richie smirks, noticing the boys occupied eyes.