35: Lover Is A Day

By now, everyone has moved around. Richie and Mike are sat at one couch, and Stan and Andi on another. The coffee table between the couches is stacked with alcohol and snacks.

A half glass of liquor in and Andi is already  bouncing in her seat. Clearly, alcohol has a way of making her urinate frequently.

"I'll be back, I have to pee," she announces, reaching over Stan to set her glass down, then purposefully crawling over him.

She sends him a wink before walking completely off. He rolls his eyes playfully, and chugs the contents in his glass. This girl really had a way of taking him out of his comfort zone and putting him in a position where he feels like he's the person he's supposed to be.

"So, Stan," Richie smirks, "I see you've been observing a lot more than just birds recently. Are you gonna thank me or what? If it wasn't for my love doctor skills, you'd still be a virgin!"

"Beep. Beep. Richie," he mumbles under his breath.

"Sorry, Richie, but Stan definitely pulled Andi on his own," Mike defends with a kind smile. "You have nothing to do with the way she looks at him."

"Point taken, but let's admit that he got laid cause I forced him across the street," Richie tries, gulping down his drink.

"What do you mean by the way she 'looks' at me?" Stan asks, only to be ignored.

"Okay, fine. I'll at least give you that," Mike agrees, nodding towards Richie.

"Thank you, sir," Richie chuckles.

"Guys! Answer my question!" Stan exclaims, throwing his head back into the couch dramatically. "What did you mean about what you said, Mike?"

"Oh my god, man, are you serious?" Mike laughs, causing Stan to give him a confused look.

"You haven't noticed?" Richie laughs, pouring him and Mike another drink.

By now, Stan is really frustrated by them beating around the bush.

"Notice what?!" He complains. "Would you guys just tell me what it means already?!"

"Nothing, man," Mike shrugs, taking the cup from Richie's hand and sipping, "it just means she loves you. You never notice the way she stares at you, and she does it a lot."

"It's like she's taking a mental photo of you for her spank bank," Richie snorts.

Stan rolls his eyes yet again, and leans into the couch.

"You kill me. It's like being friends with a 5 year old," he sips his drink, "who drinks."

"Do you really still love her after everything she did?" Mike suddenly questions. "I mean, she's really killed a LOT of people. She's put us in danger, and sometimes she seems very self destructive. Are you sure you can handle that sort of thing, Stan?"

The curly haired boy seems shocked by Mike's sudden seriousness. He glances at Richie for some sort of support, but the trash mouth simply pretends not to notice his stare and chugs another glass of liquor.

"What? Are you serious?" He scoffs.

"Just a question," Mike responds honestly. "She's like a bomb. Aren't you afraid she'll blow up on you?"

Stan stares at the contents in his cup slightly dazed. He thinks for a second, and I mean really thinks. The type of "thinking" you do when you hear "Lover Is A Day" by Cuco.

Then, he brings the glass to his soft pink lips, and chugs the toxicity without flinching.

"If she blows up," he stares off blankly, "well, then, I guess I'm blowing with her."