34: Time After Time

She does her best to explain everything that she did, but with the more she says, the more they look at her weird, and the more she gets nervous.

"Why did you have to kill him to get what you needed?" Stan whispers. "You literally didn't have to do that."

"I...I know," she frowns. "I know that now! I swear, I do. I'm sorry I did it, but it doesn't matter now right?"

"It matters, Andi!" Stan scoffs. "You took a persons life away without reason, and with no hesitation! You didn't even feel sorry after! You murdered someone, Andi. You murdered multiple people."

She flinches at his tone, and nods her head.

"But I can fix it now! I can fix it!" She smirks desperately, eyes watering. "And I'm sorry now! I wasn't then, but I am now, and I'm gonna fix it—"

"Whether you can fix it or not, it was bad," Mike softly says. "What you did to all those people was bad."

"I agree," Richie awkwardly states. "You're a big time criminal, Andi. I get that you were upset but...you didn't have to kill all those people over it."

"I did though," she argues. "Or I wouldn't be here now."

"Some of those deaths weren't necessary," Mike retaliates.

"I know," she admits. "I can fix it now though. I'm not a criminal yet. I'm a criminal in 27 years if I don't fix this mess."

"What if you don't?" Stan frowns. "What happens then?"

The girl sits quietly on the couch, pondering what to say next. Her heart thumps loudly in her chest at the thought being unsuccessful. She realizes now that her life depends on this working out.

"Then we both kill ourselves," she mumbles, a blank look crossing her features.

"What?" Stan spouts. "What do you mean?"

"You kill yourself in the future because you're afraid when Pennywise returns. If I have to go back and still be a criminal, I'll kill myself, too," She blankly states.

"Andi," Mike mumbles in a warning tone, "cut it out. We'll find a way to work this out— just— just stop talking like that."

"I kill myself?" Stan softly asks.

"Yes," she admits. "But don't worry, I'm not gonna let you do it again. I promise. I'm gonna fix this. Look, the point of me telling you guys all of this is that Ezra and I could've stopped it if we'd just worked together to face it."

Richie sits quietly on the couch, surprised by everything being said.

"I guess this means we really have to fight this thing together," The trash mouth fixes his glasses.

Andi nods softly.

"I guess this means you guys hate me now," she sighs. "Don't worry though, I'd hate me too."

"Don't be dramatic," Stan snorts, "I just said I loved you a minute ago, and I don't regret what we did after. Not even for a second. You're my girlfriend, and we're gonna figure this out together."

Mike and Richie gag simultaneously at the two.

"You guys are gross," Richie groans. "If you guys start having sex every where I'm killing myself. I guess you could say I'll pull a Stan."

"Too soon," Mike laughs.

"That's just rude," Stan laughs, being humorous about it. "I killed myself for a good reason."

"Can we not talk about this?" Andi pouts. "It's not funny!"

"Fine, but I'm bored," Richie chuckles. "Anyone got suggestions for what to do the rest of the night?"

"Can we get drunk one last time together before we do this shit?" Mike questions, a soft smile. "One good time in case something bad happens."

Andi chuckles softly, the mood between them all changing slowly.

"I'll get the blue curaçao."