21: Summer Breeze

The next morning, Andi awakes to a head ache and the soft sounds of "Summer Breeze", by Seals and Crofts.

She lifts her head from her boyfriend soft chest, and realizes how sore she is when she sits up completely. A soft groan leaves her lifts, and while one helps her sit up, the other holds her head lightly.

Taking in her surroundings, she realizes what a mess the living room is.

At least she was smart enough to fall asleep on the couch with Stan, unlike everyone else.

The first thing she does once she's wide awake is count each of the losers sleeping scattered and on top of each other. Most of them are cuddling.

One, two, three, four, five, and six including Stan. Wait...who's missing?

Immediately, Andi realizes that Richie is no where in sight and stands up to look around the house for him before anyone wakes up and begins to panic. As she gets into the hallway, she notices disheveled things leading up to the bathroom.

Slowly opening the bathroom door, she realizes that Richie is crashed out in her tub with a blanket.

She chuckles lightly before heading to the kitchen to chug a glass of water and take a pain killer.

Then, she gets another glass and heads back to the living room where Stan is barely waking up, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

When he notices her, he smiles largely.

"Good morning," he mutters in a scratchy voice.

"Morning, handsome," She whispers, sitting beside him on the couch and handing him the glass of water and ibuprofen.

He gladly takes it, chugging he water and taking the pill.

"I'm so glad we did that," he says, taking her by surprise.

"I was afraid you'd say otherwise," she giggles. "No one likes to have a headache in the morning."

"Try a head ache and a boner," Richie groans, coming up behind them from the hallway. "How the hell did I even get in the tub?"

Andi laughs and shrugs her shoulders.

"No idea. Found you there this morning."

"Well at least you didn't lift the blankets," he jokes, squeezing onto the couch between them. "I was naked. Don't remember doing that either."

"You're so gross, I bathe in that bath tub," Andi scoffs, passing the pain killers to Richie.

"I bet that's why I had such a hard on. You get naked in that tub," he jokes.

"Jesus, shut up, Richie," Stan rolls his eyes. "You're making my head ache worse."

"Would you all shut up!" Eddie begs from the floor. "I feel like I literally might have to go to the ER. I've never felt this much pain in my life, and I feel like I might vomit."

"Maybe because you took those shots I specifically said not to," Andi suggests with attitude.

"Andi, please shut up, please," Eddie groans. "I wish I could turn back time and never do this."

After an hour, everyone had gotten up and refreshed for the independence parade. They vow to never let Andi throw celebrations again, although she insists they got themselves into this hang over mess.

As they all into town, Andi begins to realize something that really puts her off.

As many kids as she has saved, she can't save them all. She can't.

Pennywise has gotten smarter, showing up to kill one kid, and disappearing to another just as she reaches one. She can't be at two place at once.

Literally, for the past week, she has tried to kill Pennywise every way she can think of.

It's become like a game to it.

She'll light him on fire, stab him, hit him with a bat, shoot him, blow him up, and every single time he pretends to die, then wakes up and dances around her tauntingly.

He keeps saying that she can't do it alone, but not that it can't be done.

"What're you thinking about?" Stan questions, tugging on the girls hand.

Andi snaps out of her daze and looks at him with a smile.

"Nothing. My head just hurts still," she lies.

He doesn't really buy into, but he nods his head anyway, pulling her closer to him as they walk.