25: Summer Nights

Two hours have passed, and as soon as the clock struck 10, Stan forced Andi to get out of the water with him. He couldn't stand the way his skins feels when it wrinkles with the water.

"Ah, your no fun!" Andi calls, following Stan back to their belongings.

The radio is still on, and their stuff is sprawled our everywhere. Thankfully, the towels are safe from the dirty floor, remaining clean.

"I spent two hours in there! How am I not fun?" Stan complains. "Now hurry up and get dressed before the wind starts picking up. You're gonna her sick if you don't."

"Ugh," she groans, pulling her shirt on, but remaining pant-less while sitting on the ground.

"You never listen," Stan chuckles.

"Do we need wine?" Andi hums, a cheeky grin forming.

"No, I need wine, you need to put your pants back on," he laughs.

"But life is so freeing without them," she sighs.

"Pants. On. Now."

Finally, she gives in, pulling on a pair of dry shorts rather than her discarded pants from earlier.

Stan would complain, but this is probably the best it's gonna get.

"You're the most stubborn person in the world," he complains, sitting next to her on the ground.

"No, you," she jokingly argues.

"No, you."

"No, you!"

"No, YOU!"

"Stan!" She laughs, throwing herself back onto the ground with her towel securely around her. "You win at being dumb."

"As long as I win," he snorts.

She sticks her tongue out at him, making a small "hmph" noise.

He rolls his eyes and lays back beside her, staring up at the gleaming stars. Whatever song is playing right now, it was really making him feel some type of way.

"Hey, I have a question," she randomly asks.

He turns to her seriously, expecting her to talk about something deep like she normally does. He even positions himself to listen and pay closer attention more properly.

"What?"

"Can you safely look at a picture of the sun?" She genuinely questions. "Like I know it's bad to stare directly at the sun, so does that mean that looking at a picture is bad?"

He's looks at her with the most dumbfounded look ever. His eyes are squinted, and he begins to wonder if her and Richie are related.

"Hey, are you even listening to me?" She waves her hand in front of his face.

"Yes, it just takes me a while to process so much stupid all at once," He mumbles, still squinting his eyes at her.

"It's not stupid!" She insists. "You're so mean to me, I swear. You know I can kick your ass, right? You saw what I did to Bowers, imagine what I could do to you."

"You fucking kill me. It's like being friends with a five year old child. Who drinks," he chuckles. "You wouldn't lay a hand on me."

Andi's face contorts into a large smirk, and Stan immediately regrets his choice of words.

"I'd lay my hands all over you, just probably not in the way you're talking about."

"Come on, we're going home," Stan snorts, standing up.

"No I don't wannaaa!" She argues.

Without a second thought, Stan reaches over and picks up the girl with ease. She lets out a loud squeal, not expecting him to pick her up so effortlessly.

"Stan! What about our stuff?!"

"We'll get it in the morning! No ones gonna come out here," he promises.

Later that same night, when Stan is fast asleep in Andi's arms, Andi is awoken by a sound from her kitchen. She tries to ignore it at first, but the noise keeps happening and becoming less hard to ignore.

Finally, she moves Stan off her chest delicately, and quietly walks to the kitchen.

When she flicks the light on, she's more annoyed then shocked to see Pennywise in his human form sat drinking tea.

She rolls her eyes.

"Is that my fucking chamomile?" She groans.

"Don't worry, I made enough for us both," it chuckles sinisterly, sliding her a warm cup.

"Yeah, as if I'd ever drink anything you gave me," She scoffs, sitting across from him at the table. "What the hell do you want? I thought I told you not to break into my house anymore."

"I'm a literal demon," he defends. "I honestly don't know what you were expecting."

"Okay, whatever, what do you want?"

"To talk! You know, it's been years since I've had a friend!"

"I've been trying to kill you for the past month—"

"That? I thought that was just a game!"

"No no, I'm pretty sure I want you dead," she states.

"Fine, have it your way!" He scoffs. "I came here to make a deal."

"What type of deal?" She raises a brow, edging him to continue.

His figure grins devilishly, making the girl wonder if she should even be communicating to it. It's not like she could just tell him to leave— this stupid demon is more stubborn than you'd think.

"Let me eat one last meal, and I'll leave for good," it states.

She bites her lip in contemplation, disappointed that she's actually considering the offer. Truth be told, she just wants this to be over without Stan or the others getting hurt.

She knows the reason she came was to avenge Ezra, but how could she be so selfish? How could she do the right thing even if it meant hurting everyone else in the process.

"Fine," she grumbles, taking the creature by surprise.

"Well this is unexpected," he mumbles, sipping his tea.

"Shut up, there's conditions, " she growls.

"Oh?" It questions.

"You aren't allowed to hurt the losers. NONE OF THEM. Especially not Stan," she glares. "Or the deals off."

"Deal," he hums.

"How come you don't just eat regular food?"

"I ate a burger once," he admits, "Just doesn't seem to measure up to the blood of human children."

"You disgust me."

"The feelings are mutual."

Then, he leaves, and Andi returns to Stan.

She feels guilty when she takes him into her arms. Someone, somewhere, would be losing their child. A child somewhere would go through the worst thing possible.

1 life over a million, right?