Chapter 17

I looked him in the eyes and that was when everything came back, but this time I wasn't scared anymore. I promised myself that I wouldn't be scared anymore, even though I was lying to myself.

"We need to talk" he said. I nodded uninterested and tried to let myself look strong. He patted the seat next to him and I sat down. I waited for him to begin. It was not that I was going to forgive him. I closed my eyes. 'How can't you forgive the person Allah can forgive? Don't hold grudges', the voice said. I knew it was telling the truth but I couldn't forgive him, my heart just couldn't.

"Look Sahra, we don't really like each other, okay. But I need you to be careful these days. Don't ask me why, please" he said. And here I was waiting for an apology. I was stupid for thinking that he would say sorry.

"Why do you care?" I asked the same question he asked me that time I helped him.

"Cause I can't get involved with police again" he said. Freaking perfect.

"Who did you fight with last time? Tell me and I'll be careful" I said. He sighed cause he knew he couldn't run away from it.

"It was just a little street fight. Nothing important" he said. So he was lying. I decided not to tell him about the incident of that day.

"Okay" I said. He nodded and made his way over to the bedroom.

"Couldn't even say sorry" I murmured to myself, cleaning up the pillows on the couch.

"I tried, but you didn't listen. Maybe it's your punishment" he said. My eyes widened. I never did anything wrong. I didn't deserve it all. I walked over to him. I stood very close.

"You know what, this whole fake marriage, marrying you is my biggest punishment. You, you are my punishment" I said, letting the anger take over me.

He didn't say anything. He had an expression that I couldn't read. As always, he had his walls up high.

"If I didnt marry you, I would be happier" that was not what I expected.

"As if you can love. Who could stick up with your character" I said but I knew I had to stop. It was going too far.

"Actually. I'm in love...but not with you" he said like I didn't know that.

"Yeah, what did Maryam do that you couldn't marry her? Did she cheat on you? Did she leave you because she found better?" I said smirking and I saw Aneel taking a step back. Like he was fighting himself not to do anything. I immediately felt bad. I wasn't someone to say bad things, that was just not in me.

"Come on, do whatever you want. I don't care anymore" I said. I knew I was provoking him and within a second he stood in front of me, walking further so I was pressed against the wall.

"If you ever open your mouth about her again, I'll close it myself. You don't know anything so shut the hell up before I make you. You are so pathetic. Everyone left you and look here you are trying to act strong. No one wants you, you don't belong anywhere. So do everyone a favor and shut that mouth of yours" he said. He let go of the wall he had his hands on and looked in disgust before making his way to the bedroom. He dissed me. He actually dissed me and he was right. I felt like I lost a battle, a game I didn't even know the rules to. I need to go out, I said to myself. I took my bag where I had a paper where Aisha's number was written on and called her with the intercom.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, voting and your support. I appreciate it so much. Love you guys!