Chapter 41

I woke up and saw Aneel still lying there. I nudged him to wake him up.

"Aneel, come sleep on the bed" I told him. He was still on his knees on the floor. He looked at me, still sleepy, and made his way over to the bed when I went out. He didn't say anything and slept further. I went over to the bathroom and took a shower to freshen up. To be honest, the nights before he came were rough and I couldn't sleep well but this time I really slept well. I smiled at the thought of me feeling secure with him, even though I knew I had to end it. I showered and prepared us both a sandwich before I went upstairs to wake up Aneel.

"Aneel, wake up" I whispered to wake him up. He moved a bit before opening his eyes. He looked at me before he looked around, trying to register where he was.

"Go freshen up, I made you food" I said, making space for him to stand up. He nodded before he went into the bathroom. I started eating my sandwich since I couldn't wait anymore. When I was almost done, he came out looking at me with a different look. I handed him the sandwich and he took it, sitting next to me.

"Why?" He asked me. I looked at him, not understanding what he meant. He understood it and explained.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you being nice?" He asked me. I looked down at my food, suddenly not really wanting to eat it.

"Should I be angry or something.." I asked, not understanding him even after he explained.

"Why are you acting like you care and be the sweetest only to bring me back down to reality that you want to divorce me" he said and I looked up at him, confusion written on my face. Did he really just say that? What was I supposed to do? Kick him out of his own house?

"Me wanting to end things doesn't mean that I don't care" I said, trying to reason. He looked at me with an expression that I wasn't familiar with.

"Why do you care?" He plainly asked. His green eyes were burning into mine, trying to get an answer.

"Because I owe you. Even though it was against your will, you took me out of that house and didn't push me back in there. You stood up for me, trying to keep me safe even though you had no reason to. You lack of communication skills but I know that deep down you are a good person" I explained the reason briefly. He looked at me for a second before looking down.

"I just.. I've never been through a situation like this. I just really need y-" before he could finish, loud banging sounds were interrupting our conversation. Gun shots were piercing through my ear and Aneel looked at me in horror, mirroring my expression. He stood up and pushed me behind him when the door opened. So many men stepped inside and I knew that we couldn't make it out alive. Aneel couldn't fight them all alone. Aneel turned towards me for a second.

"Run when you get the chance to" he said, lunging at the first man he could reach.

~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for everything!

Final Editing Done (29-10-2016)