Chapter 59

I felt two warm arms wrapping themselves around my waist pulling me up. I opened my eyes in shock and took a deep breath. I couldn't breathe properly so I was trying to catch every little oxygen I could. I felt myself being pulled in a lap. Someone was stroking my hair. And damn, did it feel good.

"Ssh.. Breathe.." I heard his soft voice. It was so beautiful that it just calmed me down. I tried to concentrate on my breathing. Warm tears fell down my cold face.

"Everything is going to be alright. I am here. No one can harm you.." he said and I closed my eyes, putting my head on his chest. I was tired. I was tired of all of it. I was tired of the memories. Why didn't they just go? 'Hey.. Don't give up. If you give up, that means you actually loose. Allah is still here. Why do you always forget about him? Pray and it would be alright.', I heard that voice. I nodded a bit as a response and felt myself being lifted. I felt a soft fluffy thing around me and felt that I was lying on a bed. I didn't care at the moment. I didn't care about the state in which he saw me. I didn't care that he was taking off my wet clothes and helping me with warm clothes. His scent was all around me. I guess I had his sweater on. I wanted to open my eyes. To see him, but it didn't work. My eyes just didn't want to open. I didn't want to think. I turned my brain off and fell into a deep, deep sleep.

"Dad.. Come on, she is sick. I am not coming today. She needs me... Okay, bye" I heard a voice beside me. I wanted to open my eyes but it wouldn't open. I felt my throat hurt and I was sweaty, while I had it cold. I felt a hand on my hip and another one was pushing the hair out of my face. I forced my eyes to open. When I opened them, the brightness burnt my eyes so I closed them again. I sighed and opened them again with much force. I looked into beautiful, bright green eyes. They were staring at me back. I felt like I had to be closer so I went closer and put my forehead against his.

"You scared me.." he said. I closed my eyes, feeling embarassed.

"Look at me" He said and I opened my eyes, looking at him.

"You are not alone, okay? I am here. Always" he said and I nodded, too tired to think of a reply.

We stayed like that for what felt like hours. I felt a bit better, but still a bit sick.

"Do you feel better?" he said standing up after I nodded. I didn't want him to go so I frowned. He just laughed at me and went. I crossed my arms. I forced myself to stand up but it didn't work. My head still hurt and I felt a bit shaky. I let myself fall on the bed but mentally face-palmed myself after that, because everything hurt even more after the fall. I sighed and stayed like that for a few minutes. I heard the door open and looked up and saw Aneel with a cup of tea. I thought that he was gone.

"I thought you were gone.." I whispered, my throat still hurting.

"I told you I am here. I am not going anywhere when you are in a state like this. Here, some tea" he said and gave me the cup. It wasn't that warm so I drunk it all in three strikes, realizing how thirsty I was.

"I want to take you out today. if you feel better, of course. I realized that you must be bored here every day" Aneel said and I got confused. He didn't look different. I mean, I was trying to figure out if he had taken something.

"So?.. " he said, waiting for an answer.

"Okay" I said, smiling a bit.

"Sahra! Why do I always need to wait so long for you?!" I heard Aneel yell and rolled my eyes. I finished my braid and went to the living room. I was still sick, but I was okay enough to get outside. I knew that the cool air would do me good. I was getting tired in the house.

"I am still a girl, okay?" I said and he rolled his eyes. I giggled to his annoyed expression and we made our way out of the door. Enjoy today, I thought to myself. We made our way to his car and went in. During the carride we didn't talk but it wasn't uncomfortable. I looked over at him. He was just so.. beautiful. And he didn't even realize it which made him even more beautiful. I smiled and my hand went to his hair. It was like I was on automatic-pilot. I played with his curly hair. He didn't look but I saw him smile a bit.