Chapter 66

I looked from Aneel to her. What was she doing here? Is he.. is he going to leave me?

"Sahra" Aneel said. I stood up and placed the guitar aside. I went over to them, avoiding any eye-contact with the girl.

"Maryam is going to stay for the night" he said. I raised my eyebrow. What? I looked at Maryam and saw her smirk. It looked like she had been crying.

"And may I ask why?" I said looking back at Aneel. He rolled his eyes. And he had the courage to do that? Bringing this girl to spend the night in my house?!

"Because she has nowhere to stay" he said. I placed my hands on my hips.

"Well, she can go back to the place where she had been for two years." I said. I saw Maryam taking a step towards me.

"Oh just shut up" she said walking towards me but Aneel blocked her way.

"Just because you can stay here doesn't mean you can talk like that to my wife" he said and I smirked. Maryam looked with wide eyes at him and nodded. Well, she had to know that Aneel was bipolar. Why so shocked Maryam? 'Our Prophet wanted us to be the best to our visitors. So even though we don't like them, we have to be welcome. Treat people like you want to be treatened', the voice said and I sighed. It was right. I then half-smiled at Maryam and lead her the way to the guest room. We had too many rooms in this house so she could sleep in one of them. I took her to the room which was far away from Aneel's. I took some guest pajamas from the drawer and placed them on the bed.

"If you need anything just ask" I said and walked away. Just before I went out of the door she grabbed my arm.

"Don't. Touch. Me" I said while pushing her arm away from mine.

"I won't let him go, you understand? I won't" she said and I smiled. I actually laughed. Like, seriously?

"Okay girl, listen. I don't know where you get this confidence from. I am nice because you are a guest. For one night. Did you got dumped? That's why you are here? I don't trust you, and I am sure as Hell that Aneel doesn't trust you either. So save your energy" I said closing the door. I didn't know where all that came from but it did me good. Not that I had to be bad towards her, but I finally stood up for myself. I finally did it.

I walked over to Aneel's and saw Aneel there on the bed with his phone in his hands.

"I have to work tomorrow. You too?" I asked him. He looked at me for a second before looking back at his phone.

"Yeah, I will take you" he said and I smiled. I took my clothes and changed in the bathroom and took wudu before coming back. I put on my abaya and a scarf and started praying. I felt Aneel's eyes on my back the whole time but I ignored it. When I was trying to get out of my abaya I heard Aneel.

"I'm sorry" he said. My head snapped up at him.

"What?" I whispered. Why was he saying sorry?

"I'm sorry, but she really looked bad. She had nowhere else to go" he said. I just nodded.

"Its okay, I understand" when I said that, Aneel looked at me with wide eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. Its okay, really" I said and he just nodded. I felt bad. We never talked anymore and it really made me feel bad.

"Tomorrow.. Can we talk tomorrow?" he said. Now he wanted to talk?

"I don't know, with work and stuff. I think it's going to be busy" I said. I didn't know why I did it, but I was scared to hear the thruth that he didn't want me anymore.

"Please, I need to talk to someone" he said and I felt what he meant. He wants to talk to me..

"Okay" I said. After a few seconds I felt an arm around my waist and my back was pressed against someone.