Chapter 5 | Make Up Time

Sadie's POV

I wake up and check the time. Shit. It's 10:30. The guys are gonna be here in half an hour. Anne wasnt coming she had family in town. I quickly get up and open my bathing suit drawer. I chose a mint green and white striped bikini with matching bottoms. I strip of my pajamas and put it on. I grabbed one of my tshirts and slipped it on. I grabbed my Rainbow flip-flops and my beach bag and stuffed a towel and sunscreen in it. I take a look in the mirror and realize my hair is a hot mess, so I put it in a bun. I grabbed my RayBans Aviator sunglasses and put them on top of my head. I check the time one last time and its already 10:50. I ran down the stairs, grabbed a granola bar and ate it. Just on cue the guys arrived. I grabbed my keys and bag and left, shutting the door behind me.

I open the car door and greet the guys. "Hey everyone."

"Hi Sadie." Mike, practically screams in my ear. The other guys say their hellos except for Luke. This is going to be an awkward day. Ashton was driving, Calum was in the passenger seat, and I was sitting between Mike and Luke.

20 minutes later we arrived at the beach. It was a beautiful day, there was a slight breeze to. There's was also hardly anyone here so it was very calm. We get out of the car an grab all the stuff and walk towards the sand. We got a good spot an set down our stuff. Once my towel is on the ground I laid down on it and tanned. Before I knew it Ashton was calling my name.

"Sadie, get your ass in the water or i will come get you myself." I turned around and flipped him off and continued reading my magazine.

I felt two muscular arms wrapped around my waist and lift me up. "I told you I would come get you if you didn't get up yourself." Ashton.

He threw me over his shoulder and started running towards the water. "Ash, Ashton Fletcher Irwin! Put me down." I said slapping his back.

"Okay now i definitely won't, you just used my full name." He said laughing like an evil villain. But before I knew it, he threw me into the water, but I felt two arms wrap around me. I turn around and see Calum smirking.

"I hate you guys so much." I told them. They all just laughed but Luke. Me and him needed to talk as soon as we got back. The rest of the day consisted of water fights, sand castle building, eating lunch at the pier. It was so fun, it was now time to talk to Luke.

We got back to my house, and just as I thought Luke went to the bathroom to change. I quickly shooed out all of the guys, before Luke came out. I've been preparing myself for the worst. I'm so nervous. Ugh.

"Uh, Sadie, where did everyone else go?" I turn around and see a blonde haired boy with blue eyes. Luke.

"They left."

"Why?" He almost sounded demanding.

"Because we need to talk. I can't deal with this Luke. It's so frustrating. It eats me away 24/7."

Suddenly the expression on his face softens. "Oh." Is all he said.

"Yeah so."

"Look, Sadie. I have spent the past 2 years of my life thinking about you non stop. As soon as you walked away I realized how much of a jerk I was. The guys wouldn't even talk to me for the first couple of days unless they had to. I missed you so much."

"But Luke, why did you say those things?" He sighs and sits down on the couch. I decided to go sit down next to him.

"I did i-it." He started choking up. "I did it because I thought I could just let you forget about me. I knew I'd be gone for more than a year and we wouldn't see each other, so I thought it would be best if you could just forget about me and hate me so you wouldn't have to talk to me. But I regret that so much, you know why. Because I didn't get to talk to the person I love the most. You." He chuckled lightly.

"You love me? As a friend right? Like a sister?" There was a pause until he spoke again.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Luke, just because you apologized doesn't mean I completely forgive you. Yeah I want you back in my life, but I don't know if things will be like they use to be, you really hurt me. You'll have to gain my trust again. Plus, I could never forget about you even if I tried."

He nodded slowly. "I'll do anything to get my best friend back in my life." I smiled and pulled him into a hug. It felt good to be in his arms again. I felt safe. Maybe this would be easier than I thought it would be.

Vote and Comment