Chapter 13 | Funeral

Sadie's POV

Today is the day of a the funeral. Luke has been staying with me these last few day. I'm grateful to have someone like him. I get out of bed, trying not to wake Luke up. But that failed.

"Good morning princess." He said in his deep morning voice. It was sexy.

"Hey." I said with a blank expression. I walk over I my closet and get my dress out. I grab my towel and walk towards the bathroom. I turn the shower on and hop in. The water felt so good against my skin. It was starting to get cold outside so it felt nice having hot water.

After 15 minutes in the shower I get out and grab my towel, I wrap myself in it. I open the door to find Luke standing there.

"Princess, I love you."

"I love you too, now move." I said pecking his lips. He obliged and walked into the bathroom himself.

I walk back into my room and dry off. I grab a bra and panties from my drawer and put them on. I pull my dress from its hanger and put it on. It was a black lace dress with 3/4 sleeves and it cut off at the knee. I slipped it in but failed to zip it. By then Luke came back from his shower.

"Babe, can you help me zip this." He nodded and came over and zipped it up.

"Thank you." I said turning around kissing his cheek. "Now you go dry off and change."

"Okay princess." He said going to the closet and grabbing his suit. He looked hot in it. If he walked around like that for the rest of his life I would be okay.

He got changed fairly quickly. "Princess will you help me with my tie, please." I giggled at him because he was 18 and still didn't know how to tie and tie. My mother taught me how when she was helping father.

"There. Now you look good." I said adjusting his tie. He gave me a smile and a kiss. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my black heels. I quickly braided my hair and applied some concealer.

"You ready?" I said asking Luke. He nodded and grabbed my hand. He was so supportive and I'm thankful for that.

We arrived at the funeral home and went inside. I tightened my grip on Luke's hand. Tears soon started to fall from my eyes. I spotted Ash, Mikey, Cal, and Anne all talking. We walked over to them and they all hugged me. They were such good friends. Soon more friends and family started filing in and the service started. The priest spoke, then my uncle, and my brother. The priest started calling rows up to say goodbye. It got to my row and I was a wreck. I mean who wouldn't be if thy found out both of they're parents were dead.

I got up to their caskets. I leaned down a kiss my mother. She still looked beautiful to me. Then I walked over to my fathers and he still looked handsome. I bent down and kiss his cheek. I walk back to my seat and continue crying. It's not fair. They're both gone, all I have is Ian now, but he's gone most of the time. Ian's my only close family left.

It's now time for the burial. We make our way I the burial grounds. I cried the entire time. I couldn't look when they lowered their caskets so I buried my face into Luke's chest. I just sobbed and sobbed. I felt him crying to because he sniffed.

"It's alright princess. It's gonna be okay." I could hear his voice breaking.

It soon ended and we walked back to the car. I got in and continue sobbing. We drove back to my house and Luke carried me in bridal style. He brought me upstairs and set me down on my bed. He took off my heels and helped me get out of my dress. He handed me a tshirt and some sweats which I put on.

"Princess, I'll be back in a minute. I need to go home and grab some stuff okay." I nodded and he walked out.

I waited until I heard the door downstairs close. I walked into my bathroom and opened my medicine cabinet. I grabbed my old glasses case as removed a cleansing cloth. Underneath was blade. It was covered in dry blood. I picked it up, holding it up sends shivers down my back.

I walk over to the toilet and sit down. I look at my wrists. I'd never cut my wrist, only my thighs. I hold the blade up and drag it across my wrist. Only leaving a white scratch mark. I try again, this time pressing harder. Wincing at the pain, I watch as little beads of blood pop out. I make another one, this time a little deeper. I watch as the blood drips out. I go again, making a third one.

"Sadie." I look up to see Luke, tears forming in his eyes.

"Luke, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to." He walks over to me and grabs the blade and sets it down on the counter.

"Sadie, never again. I love you to much, I can't lose you. Please promise me, you'll never do this again."

I nodded. He grabbed my arm and looked at my wrists. He grabbed a towel and wiped the blood away. He brought my wrist to his lips and kissed each one of them. He got bandages from the cabinet and wrapped my wrist.

He brought his lips to mine and kissed me. "Sadie Parker, I love you."

"I love you too Lucas." He smirked and rolled his eyes.

"Come on let's go get some rest." He grabbed my other hand and we walked back to my room. He laid me down and then laid down next to me. He pulled me close to him and I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck. He played with my hair humming 'Fall For You' by Secondhand Serenade. I soon fell asleep wrapped in his arms.

Vote and Comment