Chapter 6 | Another Chance

Luke's POV

Recap

"But Luke, why did you say those things?" I sigh and sit down on the couch. Soon she joins me.

"I did i-it." I started choking up. "I did it because I thought I could just let you forget about me. I knew I'd be gone for more than a year and we wouldn't see each other, so I thought it would be best if you could just forget about me and hate me so you wouldn't have to talk to me. But I regret that so much, you know why. Because I didn't get to talk to the person I love the most. You." I chuckled lightly, trying to lighten up the mood

"You love me? As a friend right? Like a sister?" No, Sadie, I love you more than a friend.

"Yeah." I couldn't tell her I'm in love with her, that would mess up all my chances as friends.

"So what do you wanna do?" She asked, I knew she was trying to change the subject. Shoot, I knew her better than I knew my own brothers.

"Um, I don't really care. We could got get some dinner or something." I didn't want to piss her off, she literally just gave me a second chance.

"Okay sure. I'm gonna go change and I'll be right back." I forgot she was still in her bathing suit.

A few minutes later Sadie came back down in new clothes. She was wearing a Linkin Park tank top, with denim shorts, and red vans. She still looked beautiful in the most simplest of outfits. "You ready to go."

"Yup." I said popping the 'p'

We go outside and get into her car. "Where do you wanna go?" She asked me, backing out of her driveway.

"Lets go to Marley's!!!" I say sounding like a child.

"Okay." She says and then blasts the radio on. Our 'best friend song' came on. It was 'All The Small Things' by Blink182. We used to spend summers in her treehouse jamming out to Blink182. Those were some of the best days of my life.

We both started singing in the worst voices possible.

"All the small things
True care, truth brings
I'll take one lift
Your ride, best trip

Always, I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting
Commiserating

Say it ain't so I will not go
Turn the lights off carry me home

Na na na
Na na na
Na na na
Na na na

Late night, come home
Work sucks, I know
She left me roses by the stairs
Surprises let me know she cares

Say it ain't so I will not go
Turn the lights off carry me home

Na na na
Na na na
Na na na
Na na na

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off carry me home
Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill
The night will go on my little windmill

Say it ain't so, I will not go
(Na na na)
Turn the lights off, carry me home
(Na na na)

Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill
(Na na na)
The night will go on, the night will go on
(Na na na)
My little windmill, my little windmill."

"Just like when we were 12" She says laughing at the memory, I couldn't help but laugh along too.

"We were the weirdest people in school. I remember you practically saved my ass when I moved to Sydney. Remember how me met."

"Oh god. How could I forget Luke. You decided to come up and sit next to me because there was an open seat and you said 'can I sit next you, your pretty'. I said yes because first of all no guy had eve called me pretty and you seemed nice. From there on out we were best friends." I start to laugh with her, that was all true I called her pretty when we were like 8, and we became friends instantly.

We soon pulled up to the diner and get seated. A waiter soon came up to us, she looked familiar.

"Hi, my name is Samantha. I will be serving you today. Can I start you off with any drinks." That's who she is, Samantha Carson. She used to bully Sadie all the time because she was supposedly ugly. But I think Sadie is beautiful.

"Earth to Luke, hello, anybody home?" Sadie said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, what is it?" I asked, still thinking about Samantha.

"What do you wanna drink?"

"Oh, can I get a coke please?" Samantha nodded and went to get our drinks.

"Sadie, doesn't she look a lot like Samantha Carson from middle school?" I ask.

"Ugh, I'm not sure. I really wasnt paying attention. She seemed a little bit to nice to be Samantha Carson." She was right, Samantha was a bitch. She always treated Sadie like crap and would always spread rumors about her.

Soon Samantha comes back with our drinks and orders our food. Me and Sadie continued to talk about stupid pointless stuff like we used to. I didn't realize how much I missed her until now. Our food arrived and we stopped talking. This was the best restaurant in town. The food was to die for. We finished pretty quickly considering we were starving. I decided I would pay so I handed Samantha the money. Sadie shot me a glare. She hated when other people paid for her things.

We got up and left the diner. "Do you wanna get ice-cream?" Sadie asked me as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"Hell yes I do, did you even need to ask that." She rolled her eyes and just laughed. She had the cutest laugh ever. All we had to do was drive across the street because the ice-cream parlor was in front of Marley's.

"Hello, welcome to Dairy Queen. How can I help you?" The lady at the counter asked us in a super cheery voice.

"I'll get vanilla, and Luke I'm assuming chocolate, right?" Wow, Sadie even remembered my favorite ice-cream flavor. I nodded and we paid. We got out ice cream and sat down. We just continued to talk about stupid things. I just enjoyed being with Sadie. Sadie Hemmings. It sounds perfect. Wow. I sound gay.

"You ready to go?" She asked me, we both finished our ice-cream and left the shop.

Vote and Comment