Chapter 7 | Secrets

Sadie's POV

We finally arrive back at my house and we decide to watch some movies.

"I'm gonna go change into pajamas, I'll be right back." Luke nodded and I ran up the stairs. I go in my room and grab some pajamas. It was a pair of shorts and a tank top. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and grabbed some socks.

I decided I would scare Luke since he was paying attention to his phone. I slowly crept down the stairs, I hide behind the couch. I wait a minute to see if he noticed me. But he didn't.

1...2...3! I jumped up at shakes his shoulders and screamed at the top of my lungs.

"What the fuck Sadie, you just scared the living shit out of me!"

"I know but you still love me right?" I said batting my eyelashes.

"Sadly, I do." He said, and I playfully hit his shoulder.

"Hey Luke, why are you wearing plaid. It's like a sauna outside. It's humid. Are you not sweating or something?" He looked kinda stunned I asked the question.

"I wear them b-because, I-I use to..."

"You don't have to continue, it's okay if you don't want to tell me." I didn't want to make him do something he didn't want to. For god sakes the boy was already crying.

"No you deserve to know. I-I use to cut myself." I felt as if I were going to cry. I pulled him closer to me. I just hugged him. By then I was crying.

"Luke, can I ask you why you did it?" I said sniffing.

"I did it because I realized how much of a terrible friend I was to you. I was a complete jerk. You shut me off from you so I didn't even get to apologize. The guilt got to me so, I took it away with the pain, but it was still there. Calum caught me one time, and he made me swear not to do it again. Which I did, and I haven't since then." He said but by now he was bawling. My best friend was crying in my arms. Which only ever happened once when his dog died.

"Luke it's gonna be okay, if anything I'm glad you told me." He soon started calming down.

"Sadie, I just want you to know, that I'm beyond sorry. I still feel bad about what I did. I will never be able to forgive myself." He said wiping his eyes.

"Luke I forgive you. Yes I'm still upset. But I need you. You've always been my best friend. Please forgive yourself. Promise me you'll never do this to yourself again?"

"I promise." He said pulling me into his lap. "I've missed you Sadie. I'm glad we ran into each other."

"I know, I've missed you too." I said pulling a blanket over the both of us. "Do you still wanna watch movies?"

"Sure, what do you have."

"21 jumpstreet, grown ups, paranormal activity, a whole bunch of Disney stuff, transformers, the conjuring."

"Let watch 21 jumpstreet." I nodded and got up from my spot to put the movie in. I put it in and we started watching it.

Me and Luke were all snuggled up. I felt tired so I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I think he thought I was asleep cause the next couple of words were shocking.

"Sadie, I love you. More than a friend." He said and then kissed my temple.

Vote and Comment