Chapter 11 | New Relationships

Sadie's POV

The next few weeks have been great. My parents came back from their cruise and were super ecstatic Luke and the boys were back. They loved them like they're own children. My brother also came back for summer break from college. As for me I graduated high school. Things between Luke and I are great. We've grown a lot closer and I can finally trust him again. I really like him. Maybe even love him.

Tonight Luke was taking me out on a date. I was so excited, he was so sweet and romantic. He was perfect in my eyes. Anne couldn't help me get ready tonight, so I was gonna have to take matters into my own hands. Luke said he was picking me up at 6, which gave me and hour and a half to get ready.

I grab my towel and head off to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and wait for the water to reach the perfect temperature. I got in and the water felt so good. I did my normal routine; face, shampoo, condition, shave, and rinse. I turned off the faucet and grab my towel. I wrap it around me and put my hair up in a messy bun.

I go over to the sink and brush my teeth. I finished my two minutes and walked out do the bathroom I go back to my room, making sure to shut the door behind me and open my closet. He said to wear something nice so I chose my red and white chevron dress and paired it with some black heels and I laid it out on my bed. I dried off and put my dress on. I walked over to my makeup desk and started working on my makeup. I only put on some concealer, mascara, and eyeliner. The usual.

After I did my hair. I quickly blow dried my hair and then straightened it. I grabbed a bobby pin and braided a small section of hair and pinned it up. I got up as flattened out my dress and put on my heels. I grabbed a silver heart necklace and placed it on. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, and I actually felt pretty for once. Just then the doorbell, and I could hear my parents open it.

"Hello Luke, how are you doing?" My mom asked giving him a hug.

"I'm doing good, and yourself Carla?" At that moment I walked down the stairs and caught Luke's eye.

"Wow. You look beautiful." I blushed.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself." He smiled.

"Alright well, you two kids have fun. Stay safe." And with that Luke grabbed my hand and led me out the house.

"So Mr. Hemmings, where are we going?"

"That Ms. Parker, is a surprise." He said tapping my noise.

"Okay, fine don't tell me." I said pouting my lip.

"You know, your cute when you do that." He chuckled.

I just giggled. He's so cute. No he's dreamy. I've never thought I would ever be going out on dates with my best friend. Weird. I know.

We were in the car for about 15 minutes when we finally came to a stop. We stopped at the edge of cliff. The view was amazing, you could see all the city lights.

He got out of his car and jogged around to the other side and opened the door for me. What a gentlemen. I got out and he instantly to my hand. I liked the feeling of his hand in my hand. We walked over to a little blanket and laid down on it. You could see all the stars, they were beautiful.

"You hungry?" He said pulling out a pizza. Man I loved this boy.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'.

"I hope pizzas ok." He said biting in his lip. It was a definite turn on.

"It's perfectly fine." I said giving him a soft smile. He opened up the box and handed me a slice. It was pepperoni, our favorite.

"Luke, how do you always manage to find the most amazing places ever." I said looking over to him.

"I had two full years without my best friend, I had a lot of time on my hands so I did some exploring."

"Well the view is absolutely amazing." I said taking a bite out of my pizza.

We finished our pizza and he grabbed my hand and help me stand up. We started dancing.

"Luke, there's no music."

"I'll make some." He said and started singing.

He sounded amazing, he always did.

"Sadie can I ask you something." He stopped singing.

"Yeah."

"Um, well how do I start. I'm in love with you. I have been since the day I met you. I still feel terrible about the past two years. I think your absolutely beautiful, funny, smart, and straight up perfect to me. If I could go back and erase the things I said I would. Nothing explains how sorry I am. I know I've messed up, and I'm grateful you've given me a second chance. So will you do me the honor and be my girlfriend?"

"A million times yes Luke." And with that he picked me up and kissed me. It was a sweet soft kiss. It felt amazing. He pulled away and smiled, I couldn't help but smile too. He made me happy.

After a while we went back to my house. He held my hand on the entire car ride home. His hand fits mine perfectly. We just talked in the car about stupid things, as usual.

We get to my house and he walks me up to my doorstep. He grabbed both of my hands in his and leaned closer. I closed the space between us and we kissed. Sparks flew everywhere. So cliche I know.

He pulled away. "Goodnight Sadie."

"Bye Luke."

I walk into my house and I'm greeted by my mom. "So you and Luke? It was bound to happen."

I nodded and walked upstairs. Tonight was perfect. He was prefect in my eyes. I get changed into my pajamas and lay down in bed. I love him.

Vote and Comment