Introduction

Nice by The Carters

Sasuke looked at the girl in front of him up and down. She looked so lively, despite being in here. It made him feel strange, she reminded him too much of Naruto.
Orochimaru looked less intimidating as he watched her speak.
"Uchiha Sasuke." She greeted with a smile as she stood next to Orochimaru.
Sasuke nodded.
"Name's Kay- short for Killmonger." She let out a short laugh, "but that name is a little strange so Kay it is."
Sasuke couldn't help but keep noticing how Orochimaru stared at her as she spoke. Orochimaru usually stared at Sasuke like he was hungry, like he couldn't wait to have his power.
Orochimaru looked at Kay like she was precious.
"Kay is an expert Swordsma- woman."
Sasuke frowned, completely confused; she wasn't even carrying a sword.
"I don't carry one anymore, though." She said, meeting his eyes like she could read his mind. "I was trained with the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist from a very young age, but that was just as self defense. I have since developed and perfected other abilities."
"What other abilities?" He asked, looking her up and down again.
Her smirk fell but then she shook it off and smiled at him.
She knew she looked normal. Looking at her up and down wouldn't show him how well-trained she was.
More importantly, it had been a while since Orochimaru had brought someone for her to hang around with. He was cautious about presenting her to other people. She wasn't fond of Kabuto, her and Kabuto had started off on the wrong foot and never settled into the right one.
"You'll see, Uchiha Sasuke."
Orochimaru turned to Sasuke, handing him a katana he had brought in with him.
"You are very ill-tempered," Orochimaru said to Sasuke in an almost playful tone, "I advise you to control your temper around her. You will get the short end of the stick in that situation, Sasuke-kun."
Sasuke hummed in displeasure.
"It's ok, Gramps," she grinned as she noticed the arrogant look the boy had given her. "I can handle a little Leafy Green."
Orochimaru licked his lips, watching Sasuke give Kay a glare.
When he left, Kay walked around Sasuke with a playful smile.
"Can you hold that like you're ready to strike, Suki?" She asked.
He scoffed. "Don't call me that."
She laughed, "a little more up, Suki."
He did as told but protested against the name again.
"Its an endearing name, between friends."
"I don't have any friends." Sasuke mumbled.
She pretended she didn't hear him.
She continued his training, remembering her time too well. She remembered the sharp-teethed men and how much they enjoyed making her suffer. Kay had always been the only woman- and a kid on top of that. None of them took it lightly on her.
Sasuke began getting frustrated, thinking she was just messing around with him.
"Am I swinging at anything anytime soon?" He grumbled.
"Not today, Suki."
Sasuke glared again, "that's a girl's name."
"I know, but there's nothing wrong with being a girl." She shrugged and motioned him to raise the katana again with her index fingers. "I'll tell you what, you can swing at me."
She stood still in front of him, she would've been lying to herself if she didn't admit that she wanted to show off.
Kay's stance threw Sasuke off, reminding him of Orochimaru's warning. She stood with one hand pressed against her abdomen and the other behind her back.
Her left leg straight in front of her.
Sasuke did as told, though, curious to see the ability she had bragged about. He took the katana with both hands, earning a frown of disapproval from Kay.
He swung at her, a feeling kicking in as he reminded himself that if he actually hurt her, Orochimaru would go crazy.
The katana landed on something, a feeling prickling the back of Sasuke's neck but then he felt a splash to the face.
It couldn't have been her blood, could it?
When his eyes focused again, he realized what had happened, it didn't make it any less strange, though.
"How did you do that?" He asked, he hadn't see her do any hand signs.
His eyes turned to where her hand was behind her back.
"You can do hand signs with just one hand?"
She shook her head. Her hand raised and the water that levitated in between them coiled tight, like a dog hearing it's name being called.
She moved her hands and the water moved along.
"This is why I don't need any sword."
He squinted, grabbing the katana again and swinging.
She didn't move but stopped the blow again.
He moved closer and she took a light step back and caught up.
"One hand!" She called, too bothered by the way he was carrying the weapon.
He threw another blow, she raised her palm.
"Foot stance!"
Kabuto had been watching, angry that Orochimaru had appointed them to train together.
The two favorites, of course Orochimaru didn't trust Sasuke the way he trusted Kabuto but he knew he was seen as more important. Above him.
And nobody in the last five years or so was above Kay.
Kabuto had disliked her the moment he had seen her, she had disliked him even more, dismissed him as expendable from day one.
He was distracted from his thoughts when he heard her give out a laugh.
"Nice!" She called.
Sasuke had gained confidence now, her laughter and markings itching him further.
Then he activated his Sharingan.
Kay counted this as cheating.
She stretched her hand towards him and the water wrapped around his ankles and pulled.
He fell on his back.
Kay kneed next to him. "No funky eyes, Suki."
He hummed.
"That's all for today, good job." She said with a grin.