Fighting Team 7 Vol. 1

Humble by Kendrick Lamar

Kay heard the footsteps while she was still asleep.
She opened her eyes slowly as the voices further down the hall didn't sound familiar.
Kay left the room, standing at the turn of a hallway.
"It seems like Sai's mission is to kill Sasuke." Someone said.
That was the last thing she heard before she fled.
Kay ran towards Sasuke's room, her feet moving faster than she willed them to.
She went to turn a corner when she spotted the boy in front of Sasuke's door.
"Fuck." She hissed, pressing her back into the wall.
That was a compromising position, move and they'll hurt Sasuke?
Her palms started sweating.
She pressed them against the wall and water ran up.
Kay's heart was racing in anticipation, the water wrapped around his ankles.
"Get the fuck away from that door." She growled.
The boy turned towards her, a blank expression on his face that made her cringe.
He didn't move though, so she closed her fist.
He came crashing against the opposite wall.
Kay ran into Sasuke's room, crashing against him.
He held her in place in front of him.
"Are you alright?" She asked.
He nodded.
The snakes that had slithered in started to get inflated, Kay frowned. They looked like shitty drawings.
"Come on." Sasuke said, grabbing her by the waist so he could pull her away from the explosion.
"Its Konoha." She informed.
"What?" He asked, looking down at her.
"I think its Konoha, they know you."
He hummed.
They stared down at the pale boy, she noticed how much he looked like Sasuke.
Her eyes then moved into the hallway as she heard steps coming their way.
Kay sat at the edge of the crater the explosion had formed, her feet dangling over.
A pink-haired girl came into the light, yelling at the pale boy about how he betrayed them.
Kay knew who that was right away.
Sasuke didn't like to give details about his life in Konoha, it hurt him. Kay was very persuasive, though and knew just how to inch him into giving her what she wanted to hear. She knew most people that made an impact or impression.
Haruno Sakura was one of them.
"Sakura, huh?" Sasuke hummed.
The expression on Sakura's face and the time it took her to look up at Sasuke broke Kay's heart.
Kay knew in that moment what Sasuke had meant to Haruno Sakura. She felt a rage she had never felt before. Kay wanted to tear that girl apart, to remove the weight those incredulously big green eyes put on Sasuke.
Kay felt jealousy.
"Sasuke-kun..." Sakura managed to gasp out.
Kay tensed up at the sound of his name falling out of her mouth.
Her icy eyes met with Sakura's and if she hadn't been as angry, she might've recognized the same sentiment in Sakura's eyes. Sasuke wasn't good at reading a room but he noticed how the girls stared at each other with an intensity he couldn't quite understand.
Then, ran in a blond boy.
Kay was excited to finally meet him, Sasuke spoke a lot about him enough to recognize who he was. Not that there was an abundance of "idiot" blond shinobis in orange jumpsuits around.
"Naruto." Sasuke said in a more stern tone.
Kay knew how important he was to Sasuke, even if he tried to wave it away. He was the one person she didn't have to press on about too much to get him talking about.
"I'm guessing Kakashi is here as well."
Kay looked up at Sasuke, he moved his eyes to meet hers, expecting a question her eyes didn't ask.
She wasn't confused, just curious.
Kay was always curious, always asked too many questions.
"No, Sasuke," someone's voice snapped his attention back to his old teammates, "I am here in his place."
A man came into view.
Kay ran names and visuals she had gathered from Sasuke's descriptions in her head.
"My name is Yamato."
Kay added the name to the list, taking a mental picture of what he looked like.
"Su-" Kay smiled at herself, "Sasuke?"
She didn't want to embarrass him by using the nickname she usually called him by.
He turned to her again, ignoring the fact that Naruto had started his monologue.
She gave him a look: one eyebrow raised higher than the other, her palm open, fingers pointing at the new Team 7.
He nodded slightly.
She had asked if he thought it'd turn into a fight.
Kay stood up, her eyes never left Naruto as she heard him call out to Sasuke.
It made her feel odd, what he said seemed only fair. Sasuke deserved to be in his home with his friends.
It made her remember the time when they were both still young, when he first arrived to be Orochimaru's pupil and told her he had no friends.
He had lied, here stood proof dressed in bright orange.
Sasuke's foot inched towards her while he placed a hand on his hip, indicating to her to stay back while he moved.
Kay clicked her heals together as Sasuke appeared in front of Naruto, one arm wrapping around him.
Kay had started to understand, now that she had had Sasuke for three years, what right was from wrong. It was vague and she didn't actually know she was catching on to that but the whole situation felt bad to her.
A feeling crept on to her.
She didn't want to hurt the blond boy, but at the end of the day if Sasuke needed her to, she would force herself.
Sasuke kept the conversation going, his hand reaching for the katana wrapped to his back. Kay held her breath.
Sai stopped the blow from hitting Naruto, then Naruto took a hold of Sasuke's arm.
Kay frowned at Yamato's attack. "Wood style?"
It had been a while since anyone mentioned wood style to her. The only person who did was Orochimaru, of course, he was obsessed with the powers the First Hokage had.
"Chidori Nagashi!" Sasuke called.
Kay watched the fight unravel, knowing she would have to get in too soon enough.
The pink-haired girl was frozen at the sight of Sasuke so close, Kay could only imagine what it must feel like to see him again after the years passed by.
Kay watched Sakura's footstand, seeing a change and the girl charged at Sasuke.
Kay clicked her tongue and stood in front of her, catching what felt like a chakra-infused fist with her hand.
Sakura gasped.
The impact made a gush of air blow their hair away from their faces.
Yamato turned to see, realizing that not only was Sasuke dangerous but so was Kay.
Kay's grip on Sakura's hand tightened and she pulled her towards her, kicking her in the stomach and turned around when Sakura landed against the debris.
Sasuke's Chidori-infused blade broke off Yamato's kunai as he had tried to stop Sasuke from hitting Sakura.
Yamato was hit with the blade, cutting through his chest.
Kay inched closer to Sasuke when she saw the change in Naruto's eyes.
Sasuke changed his foot stand, telling her to not get too close.
Kay clicked her tongue in disapproval but eased down.
Sasuke held Naruto in the power of his Sharingan, making Kay a little more confident. Something was going on in their minds that she wasn't able to see.
Sai started responding too, trying to get out whilst Sasuke was distracted.
Kay heard the faltered, weak footsteps of Sakura coming back from where she had been launched.
Kay didn't look back at her.
Suddenly, her palms started sweating and she turned to Yamato who had made a couple of hand signs.
"Sasu-" Kay had tried to warn him but out of Yamato's wound came out a stack of wood.
Sasuke faltered back a few steps.
Kay moved towards him to stand between them.
"Wood Style: Tree Wall Barrier!"
The wood grew out of the ground, bending to capture both Kay and Sasuke.
Kay reached for Sasuke's hand in the dark. Their fingers brushed against each other.
"Let's just go." She breathed.
He was silent as he pulled her towards him but hummed as he broke them free.
"I have no friends." He reminded her.
Kay looked up at him and brushed her fingers with his again.
"Alright." She nodded, knowing the encounter had hurt him.