Power of a God Vol. 3

Suicidal Thoughts In The Back of the Cadillac Pt. 2 by Pouya

Killmonger felt herself feel faint in relief when the previous Hokages arrived.
It could've only meant Orochimaru had reanimated them, Sasuke was coming.
Minato looked at her weird, as if he remembered her.
"Who's she?" He asked Naruto.
"This is Killmonger, she's a friend of mine."
Kay flinched twice, once when she heard him call her a friend and the second time because her flinch made her ribs hurt.
"Hi." She said at him.
"Killmonger?" Minato mumbled as if it reminded him of something.
Kay smiled, letting him to figure it out though she doubted he would.
She had been too young when he passed away to remember him, of course.
Their countries were at war too.
It didn't seem likely that they would've met in any type of formal setting.
She went back to think of her mother.
"Your friend will be here soon." Minato told Naruto.
"Sasuke?" Kay asked, inching closer to him.
Minato smiled at her, a type of smile she hadn't been given for over a decade.
A parental one, a true parental smile.
"I'm sorry." Kay whispered, Naruto turned to her, not understanding what she meant.
"I'm sorry for what I've been a part of, I feel partial responsible for what Sasuke has done, I was supposed to stand by his side and try to guide him but instead I followed behind him."
Naruto nodded.
"I had the chance to stop him from going too far but I never quite fought back hard enough. He can be pretty charming when he puts his mind to it- sometimes he doesn't even have to try. I get persuaded quite easily."
"That's a lie." Kay heard a voice behind her say.
She sighed and closed her eyes, dwelling in the feeling.
"Suki," she whispered.
Sasuke brushed his fingertips along her elbow as she turned to him but he had instantly dropped to his knees.
She panicked at first, thinking he was hurt but he went to examine her leg.
"What did you do now?" He asked in a stern tone.
Kay smiled, "your job since you were so busy having a picnic with Gramps."
Sasuke hummed, a humorous edge to it Kay knew no one else could quite hear.
"Karin can help." He offered, his voice trailing off, knowing she wouldn't go that route.
"Right."
Sasuke stood back up, looking back at where Sakura was standing.
"Sakura could bandage you up, at least."
Sasuke felt something when Sakura looked back at him with her wide incredulous eyes, a type of guilt he couldn't shake.
It went deeper- or perhaps shallower- than him running off. It depended on how one saw it.
Sasuke thought it ran a little shallow.
Kay thought it ran deeper. She could see the way his eyes changed focus when he met eyes with Sakura.
Sasuke felt guilty for the feelings Sakura had for him.
Killmonger stared at Sasuke, he took a little to even notice. She tried to wrap her head around what war meant, really, and how she might not even survive.
She wanted to or not, if her life ended in the battlefield tonight, she'd have to watch Sasuke be happy with the pink-haired girl with emerald eyes. There was no way she could stop it.
Sasuke turned to Kay and frowned, thinking her expression was due to physical pain.
"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked.
Kay removed her hand from her front pocket where she had rested her palm instinctively and placed it on his cheek and smiled small at him. "Yes."
"Wanna do this with me?" He asked, nodding towards the sea of tree monsters.
Kay smiled up at him, Sasuke's eyes locked on hers for a second.
He remembered what his brother had told him before he left him for the second (third?) time. He had told him he was sorry, about how things had led up to happen and he told him to take care of Killmonger.
It had been a simple request and in those last seconds together Sasuke thought he had seen something in Itachi that everyone knew he had but Sasuke hadn't quite seen in person.
He had seen a plan. Like if he had known all along that Sasuke was going to meet Kay, like if he had made all ends meet through thorough calculation of future events.
Sasuke chuckled as he looked forwards again.
"I love you."  She chirped as she slid her hand away from his.
He didn't say it back but he smiled at her in a way that reminded her of when they were younger, when they had just met.
Both Naruto and Sakura were staring, Kakashi smiled at the sight.
She could finally say she'd be okay to give her life in the battlefield, Kay realized.
That smile gave her all the courage, she took a deep breath and looked above at the sky, the moon was appearing.
She made a handsign, something Sasuke rarely saw her do.
"Ancestral Art: Summoning Jutsu." She whispered.
Sasuke frowned at her, a rumble broke across the night sky.
An all-consuming sound filled their ears, something between the blade of a knife against rock and the plinking of a fingernail against glass.
"Killmonger what did you summon?" Naruto asked.
"Bastet."
Sasuke watched, amazed for a second before he summoned his ally as well, Naruto and Sakura did too.
The clouds dropped a black panther, her eyes were gray and vivid, like there was smoke trapped inside.
Kay stood in front of it, it's two eyes were closed, it's third open.
Kay bowed, the panther responded with a bow of its own.
"Why have I been summoned?" The goddess asked.
Kay felt goosebumps run through her body as Bastet spoke.
Kay pointed to the monsters in front of her.
Bastet grinned. "I knew you'd be a fun one, Killmonger."
Kay smiled, closing her eyes and forming another sign.
A third eye opening on her forehead, matching Bastet's.
"Come on, Leafy Greens." She smiled back at Team 7 behind her.
She pulled out a scroll, her dad's old hook appearing from it.
Killmonger jumped from Bastet's back and landed into the battlefield, ignoring the pain that ran up from her leg.
Her hook went through the monster and she lifted it up, crashing him against another.
Sasuke smiled and pulled out his sword, remembering how annoyed she had been when she was teaching him how to be a good swordsman.
He ran through the monster behind her, the Chidori infused blade cutting easily through them.
Killmonger jumped and through the hook vertically through one of the bigger monster's skull.
Her feet landed on it's dropping body and she pulled the hook out and jumped to another monster.
She grabbed his head and tore it out.
The water moved again and she turned back to Team 7, Sakura had punched the ground.
She looked up to see Kay's reaction, Kay smiled at her.
"Bastet!" Kay called.
The cat turned, a grin showed off her sharp teeth.
"Tear him up." Kay told her.
Bastet took a step and the monsters slammed against the Hokage's wall jutsu and died.
The big cat purred, rumbling the ground.
The sound brought goosebumps to the Shinobi's skin.
Kay tied the hook onto her back, stretching out her arms.
"Kirigakure Shinobi!" She called, "water wall!"
The water shinobi stepped forwards and a collective of "Water Style: Water Wall" was heard.
Water shot out from the Shinobi, Kay pulled it towards the monsters, washing over them and slamming them against the side of the red walls around them.
They roared like animals, a sound that made Kay clench her teeth audibly.
It sounded too much like what her father sounded like when he lost control.
Team 7 caught up with her, watching to see what Bastet could do to the TenTails.
"Good job, Killmonger." Naruto grinned at her.
Sasuke ran his fingers across the back of her hand, the smile came back.
Her third eye closed, the tiredness she had felt before she summoned Bastet came back, she slumped in Sasuke's touch.
Sasuke caught her before she could slump onto the ground.
"I've got to recharge." Kay sighed.
"We've got it from here." Sasuke nodded.
"Bastet bless you."
Sasuke chuckled. "I'll ask her if she can do that."