Wedding Vol. 1

At Last by Etta James

"You cut a single strand of this hair and I'll execute you myself, Karin." Killmonger growled and hissed as Karin struggled with her hair.
Karin giggled, "Orochimaru-sama said you'd be upset if I tried to fix your hair."
"Fix?" Kay scoffed.
Karin grinned and kept helping, Suigetsu walked into the room.
"What the fuck are you doing?" Suigetsu snorted.
"I'm doing her hair, asshole." Karin snapped.
Kay smiled, she felt such a bittersweet feeling whenever they fought in front of her.
It reminded Kay of the old days, of a time she both missed and was glad was over.
Her hand reached to the metal kneecap that the medical nin of Konoha had placed after the war.
One thing she really did miss of course, was being around them always. Life seemed too simple now, sometimes she thought maybe that was why Sasuke had gone on his soul-searching trip.
Maybe he knew, Sasuke was always several steps ahead.
"What's up, Kill? Getting cold feet now?" Suigetsu asked, his grin wide.
Kay let out a laugh, "right. Cause I went through three years of engagement to say no at the altar."
Suigetsu winked, "maybe you regretted it now that you see me all dressed up."
Kay rolled her eyes with a grin, Suigetsu really did look good, though.
"How's Juugo?" She asked, he had sent a congratulatory note via Orochimaru but had declined the offer to come up, afraid he'd unintentionally ruin their special day.
"He's good, he says he's sorry he didn't come up."
Kay nodded, "I know."
"Aren't you excited?" Karin asked, a tone in her voice Kay recognized.
Karin had liked Sasuke too but when she saw he preferred Killmonger she had retreated. Karin, nonetheless still felt a little for him.
"I am, I'm just dwelling." She assured.
"Is Orochimaru standing as your father?" Suigetsu asked, frowning at the flowers Karin was sticking into Kay's hair.
Kay groaned, "Bast, I forgot!"
Suigetsu grinned, "forgot what?"
"I was supposed to choose between Mei and Gramps."
Kay stood up, taking a glance of the mirror as she passed, she stopped dead on her tracks as she saw her hair up, a couple of flowers stuck to the side of her head.
"Bast!" Disgust filtered her voice.
Suigetsu snorted, "where are you even going? You can't go out there yet!"
"I need to tell one of them-"
"Kay just sit down, we'll figure something out. The Mizukage might've not even been able to come." Karin protested.
Kay scoffed, "then we're going to have to set a different date until she can!"
"You don't even have your hikifurisode on yet." Karin whined.
Kay turned to where the kimono laid, and looked at it intense layers, "you're right, Suigetsu, I'm regretting this."
He laughed, "let me bring someone in to help."
Suigetsu walked out the door.
"Do you want me to strip for this?" She asked Karin.
Karin nodded, "you know with all that time to plan a wedding, you sure don't know what it involves."
"I've never been to one, the few things I know I got from Mei." Kay shrugged.
"Who did you invite?"
Killmonger turned to meet eyes with Karin, knowing she was referring to Sakura, Karin wasn't particularly fond of her. "I invited Sasuke's friends and you guys. We all know both Sasuke and I aren't exactly popular."
Karin smiled, "are you worried something is going to go down with her?"
Kay's jaw clenched but she let out a breath, "no, its time to let it go, Sasuke wouldn't have gone this far into this is he was going to let anything go in-between. Anyhow, I also want this to be a turning point."
"As in?" Karin asked, attaching a layer on.
"I want to make this an opportunity for her and I to become friends." Kay admitted.
Karin shook her head, "you're too nice now, Kay. A couple of years ago, you would've chopped her into pieces and dropped her parts in a lake."
Kay laughed, "that was once and it had nothing to do with Sasuke."
Someone opened the door, Kay turned to see Hyuuga Hinata, Naruto's girlfriend.
"Hi, Kay." She stuttered, "your friend told me you were freaking out."
Karin suppressed a laugh.
"A little, actually, can you help me with something?"
"Sure." Hinata smiled.
Kay really liked Hinata, she had spoken with Naruto about what Hinata was like, the things she had done for him.
The way she stood up everytime to fight for him.
She recognized the true love Hinata felt for Naruto the way she felt for Sasuke.
Killmonger's heart started beating faster.
"Alright, have you seen the Mizukage out there?"
Hinata nodded, "she's here."
"Alright, can you bring her and Orochimaru in here?" Kay noticed Hinata's reaction, "he's harmless, I swear."
Hinata hesitated but nodded, "okay, Kay-chan."
"Shes a sweartheart, right?" Karin asked, staring after her.
"Yes, she is." Kay nodded and turned around.
"The kimono, come on." Kay said, realizing she had spent her conversation with Hinata half naked.
She had been wondering why she was blushing.
When they were done, Hinata came in with Mei and Orochimaru.
"You can go enjoy the party now, thank you so much Hinata." Kay told her.
Hinata nodded and left.
"Sweetheart!" Mei called, stretching her arms to give her a hug.
Kay smiled, giving a hug back, "How are you? I'm glad you could come."
"I'm doing great, you look beautiful."
"What did you need us for?" Orochimaru asked.
"Um, well I forgot to tell you guys I wanted you both to stand as my parents." She lied.
Mei raised her eyebrows, Orochimaru smiled.
"As in?" Mei trailed off.
"As in, you stand as my mother and him as my father. I didn't think it'd be much of a deal."
Mei turned to look at Orochimaru but then back at Kay, "I'd love that."
Mei didn't want to be seen as Orochimaru's equal, Kay knew that.
Killmonger smiled, "it's settled then."
"Things are going great out there." Orochimaru commented as he walked around her to check out the flowers in Kay's hair, recognizing some regional Sound Village flowers he had experimented with plant cells with to produce, others from Kirigakure, a smile came to his face.
"Have you seen Sasuke?" She asked.
"He looks awfully handsome," Mei noted.
Kay nodded. "He always does."
"He seems nervous." Orochimaru piped in.
Karin grinned noticing they were trying to ease her, she could tell she was anxious too, her hand kept going to her kneecap.
Kay went to stand in front of the mirror again and admired the kimono, "I look like fucking sushi."
Karin laughed.
"Alright then," Kay grabbed Orochimaru's and Mei's arms, "let's do this shit."