Pregnant

The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

Kay sat nervously, first because she didn't want people to know if her suspicions were true and second because she knew she should've told Sasuke to come with her. Kakashi, even.
Of course, no one would be exactly shocked if they got the news but she wasn't sure at what age you started congratulating this news instead of being worried about them.
Kakashi was sure to say something, that old man always had something to say.
"Ungrateful little-"
"Uchiha Killmonger?" Came in a medic through the door.
Kay smiled, "yes?"
The medic smiled at her, "I've got wonderful news!"
Kay's face turned blank. "Holy shit."
The medic frowned, "oh, sorry. Was this not planned or..."
Kay put a hand over her stomach, looking out the window.
"I'm not sure, it's just- I don't know how to react to it."
The medic nodded, "is it your first child?"
Kay turned back to her. "Yes, it is."
"Don't worry about it, sweetheart. Everyone is scared with their first, you just gotta relax, which reminds me. No more drinking, try to get away from people who smoke publicly, no more stress no more-"
The list went on and on and Kay kept a permanent pained face as she went on.
When she was sent back home, she walked toward Kakashi's house instead, she realized she walked differently now that she got the news. More carefully.
She opened Kakashi's door like she was used to doing, though, without knocking.
Kakashi had already expected it to be her.
"Hi, Kay." He mumbled as he sighed from the kitchen where he was chopping vegetables. "Are you here to help me?"
Kay didn't say anything, instead she moved the food aside and sat on the counter.
"What's wrong?" Kakashi asked as he caught on to her expression.
"I'm pregnant."
Kakashi's eyes widened then looked down at her stomach where he laid a hesitant hand. "You're kidding." He gasped.
"How do I tell Sasuke?" She screwed her eyes shut.
"Just like you just told me, he's going to be ecstatic!"
"Bast, this is insane!" She said, covering her face.
Kakashi sighed, "I mean, were you two using protection?"
Kay clicked her tongue. "No," she mumbled.
"Then it shouldn't come as a surprise."
"Its not, actually, I kind of was hoping it's just freaking me out now that's its real."
Kakashi put one arm around her shoulders and another on her stomach, "Sasuke is a great guy, I'm sure he'll make a good father."
Kay waited for him to continue but he didn't so she slapped his arm, "and I'll make?"
"And you'll make an excellent mother." Kakashi chuckled.
"Bast, alright." She said, her head pressed against Kakashi's shoulder. "Do you think he'll be angry if I tell him I told you before I told him?"
Kakashi stared, "you want to lie to him?"
Kay shrugged.
"Do you think that's a good idea? Sasuke tends to find out when he's been lied to."
"You don't have to remind me about that." She whispered.
"Just tell him, I'm sure he won't mind. And if he does, he won't hold it against you." He said, taking the carrot back from where she'd thrown it.
Kay grabbed another knife and helped him cut up zucchini.
"You know, I've missed you a lot, Old Man." She told him, looking up at him.
He smiled at her. "Thank you."
Kay laughed.
"You guys seem really happy now, more than before, I think." He responded after a moment of chopping.
Kay nodded, "I think so too, I hope she doesn't change that."
Kakashi watched her put her hand on her stomach. "She?"
Kay laughed, "its just a hunch."
Kakashi nodded, "what are you naming her? Do you have any ideas?"
Kay sighed, "I'm thinking Mikoto, after Sasuke's mom."
Kakashi nodded, "and if its a boy?"
"Itachi."
Kakashi hummed in disapproval.
"What?" She demanded.
"What about you? What about your mother?" He asked.
"I don't remember her, Sasuke remembers his. If I had to name a boy after any good paternal figures I'd have to name him Orochimaru, and I don't want that." She sighed, "or Kakashi."
Kakashi didn't say anything but he felt touched.
"What if you combined yours and Sasuke's name?" He asked.
"I'm not butchering anyones name to make a new one, I rather give her one that's already there."
"Maybe your goddess will send you something." He piped.
"Perhaps, Bastet tends to do things like that." She answered and put other chopped up vegetables in the boiling water.
"Have you felt her?" He asked, his hand going at her stomach again.
"Not really, I mean I woke up nauseated but I've gone through worse."
Kakashi led her to the dinning table where they talked while the food was getting ready.
"Are you going to tell him here or after?" Kakashi asked.
"Bast, I don't know. I might just tell him here, if he gets too shocked your presence might bring him back faster."
Kakashi chuckled, "am I getting any grandpa privileges?"
"You're the one who wanted to stand as Sasuke's father at our wedding, you're getting some midnight calls, Old Man- oh, Bast, imagine what Orochimaru might get like!"
Kakashi nodded, "he's going to be ecstatic."
"Yeah, and Karin too. Naruto is gonna-"
Kakashi pushed a cup of tea to her, "relax, you don't have to tell anyone yet. You've got a few weeks."
They talked about their Chuunin exams then, going over at how actually boring it was. Kakashi was amused at her annoyance over it.
"The only fun I had was fighting Sasuke and even that was held back because Naruto thought it was going too far."
"Yeah, the Seventh Hokage..." he sighed.
Kay grinned over at him, "did you ever think that'd happen? Did you think he'd become Hokage someday for real? Sasuke has told me stories."
Kakashi thought for a while, a scrunched face coming upon him as he remembered Naruto as a child, "no, not really. He's matured, though, which I'm grateful of. Who knows what this village would've been like if he would've become Hokage with the childish mentally he held before."
Kay nodded,"it was the war, I think. It makes children grow without them wanting to."
"Your child is going to be lucky, to be born into a world without war, you have made a good world for her to grow in."
Kay leaned on his shoulder again.
Kakashi didn't move, using his other hand to drink from the tea.
"I hope she looks like Sasuke." She whispered.
She could picture her already, with her dark eyes and hair, Sasuke's slanted and strangely feminine eyes staring back at her.
She started humming then, her mother's lullaby, as she trailed circles on her belly.
Bastet had blessed her with a miracle baby.
Ten minutes after the food was ready, Sasuke knocked on the door.
Kay felt nervous again. "He's going to know right away."
Kakashi turned to her, "don't be ridiculous."
There was no way they were that synced with each other, was there?
Kay opened the door, Sasuke's face was bright.
"You're pregnant." He accused.
"What the fuck?" Kakashi said aloud.
Kay clicked her tongue, "how'd you know?"
"The whole village is talking about it, the doctors at the hospital are gossips." Sasuke said, stepping in to touch her stomach.
"This is annoying, does that mean everyone is gonna touch me now?"
Sasuke laughed, "probably."
"Do you think Naruto is gonna make a big deal out of it, because if he does I might just go home and cook myself something." Kay whined.
"You've just found out and you're already being whiny?" Sasuke joked.
"I can still kick your ass." She threatened.
Sasuke grabbed her waist and turned her back to the table, "sure."
Kay sat at the table and waited for the rest of Team 7, Sakura came in first, her smile broad as she brought a dish with her but walked straight to Kay.
"How in are you?" She gasped.
"Two weeks." Kay answered.
"I'm so happy for you, you're going to be the first in our generation to have a baby!"
Kay smiled and nodded, "I'm going to be huge by Naruto's wedding, huh?"
Sakura scolded her, "don't be silly, you're gonna look great pregnant."
Naruto came in afterward, "where is she?"
Kay threw a glance at Sasuke who understood what she was telling him so he got up.
"Calmly, Naruto, she's delicate don't be too upbeat." Sasuke warned.
Naruto threw his arm around Sasuke, "look at you, you pair of lovebirds! You're going to have a child! This is great news."
Kay laughed over at Kakashi, amused her attempt to get Sasuke to not let Naruto burst out was fruitless.
"Congratulations, Kay." Hinata stuttered.
Kay stood and sat Hinata down with her, "thank you, sweetheart."
The pair talked for a bit while Kakahi served them all.
It was very rare that Naruto got to get out of his office, and most days that he did all he wanted to do was sleep, which was why his and Hinata's wedding was Kay's and Sakura's planning though Kay wasn't completely sure of what she was doing.
They had scheduled a dinner way ahead, though, making sure that everyone had time to see each other.
Kay and Sasuke always had time off, they didn't have to go on missions or do anything they really didn't want to, there wasn't a need for it anymore so if they wanted to stay home and read they could just as much as they could walk to Kakashi's and hang out with him if they wanted to.
They ate dinner together, Kay listening with bittersweet content at Naruto whine about his duties as Hokage.
"You've wanted the job since you were a kid and now you want to back out? You disappoint me, Lord Seventh." Kay mocked.
Naruto blushed, "I bet you had it easier, Kakashi-sensei, having Kay help you around."
Kay rolled her eyes, "and you've got Nara Shikamaru, the smartest man in the world, Naruto."
Naruto grunted, "and the laziest, he's only of use if he wants to do it."
Kay laughed as she took a drink, Sasuke watched her laugh.
It was subtle but he could see the glow in her skin, or perhaps he was imagining it. Was it too early to see the "expecting" glow?
Kay's wondering eyes turned to meet his for a second, questioning why he was staring.
He smiled at her, placing his hand on the side of her neck.
She leaned into his touch.
"Thank you." He whispered at her.
The rest of the table turned to talk amongst each other, used to having them whispering at each other all the time.
Kay took the hand he laid on her face and placed it on her stomach. Sasuke sighed, nodding at her.