Velvet Bag

Fallingforyou by The 1975

Kay woke up in a hospital bed, her leg was hanging from the ceiling, wrapped in a cast.
She clicked her tongue, turning to the side of the bed where she laid and spotted a walking stick.
"Seems like I came to check up on you at just in time." Kay heard Kakashi's voice say as she brought down her leg.
"Where is he?" She said with an edge to her voice that surprised her.
The machine she was attached to beeped faster.
"Relax." Kakashi raised a hand. "He's fine... mostly."
"Mostly?" She repeated in a high pitch, ripping the needles out of her arm.
Kakashi stopped her before she went out the door.
"You don't even know where he is."
"Then tell me, Old Man!" She shook his hand of her shoulder.
Kakashi made a displeased sound. "Come with me."
Kakashi had already planned to take her to him, of course. She had an effect on Sasuke he couldn't quite understand. It made him feel odd, he had always imagined Sasuke would end up marrying Sakura.
That reminded him- "oh, here." Kakashi placed a little velvet bag.
She blushed and looked down at herself, she hadn't realized she was in a hospital gown. They had found the little pouch from her clothes.
"Thank you." She mumbled as she took it.
He smiled.
Kakashi had been amazed at how fast she could go down the streets of Konoha with the cast she carried and the injuries she was covered in.
She was almost bandaged up from head to toe.
When they got to the holding offices Sasuke was held in, she impatiently hit the floor with her walking stick, waiting for them to let her in.
Kakashi was filing some paperwork and was taking too long.
"Bast!" Kay screamed, one of the guards heard Sasuke chuckle. "Just let me in!"
She pushed the men guarding the door out of the way and went in. "Sasuke?"
Sasuke's head snapped up, Kay noticed the blindfold.
She headed towards him but the guards reached for her. Kay's head snapped wildly at them, a growl rumbling through her chest.
The guards flinched, she seemed so feral.
"Try me." She dared.
Kakashi sighed as he came in. "Relax."
Kay scoffed and shuffled towards Sasuke's cell, her hands wrapping around the bars.
"Suki..." she whispered as she realized he was in a straight-jacket. "Are you ok?"
Sasuke smiled, glad to hear her voice. "Yes."
She smiled too, "thank goodness. Thank Bastet!"
"I did."
She laughed short then noticed the guard standing next to the cell. "Don't just stand there. Open it up, you donkey!"
When she was let in, she took off his blindfold first.
Sasuke squinted his eyes at the light and met up with hers.
She brushed the hair off his right eye, taking a look at the Rinnegan.
He made a pained expression when he saw how bandaged up she was.
"Hey, hey, I'm alright." She assured, placing a hand under his chin.
He pressed his head on her stomach and she held onto him, kissing the top of his head.
She sat next to him and went to wrap her arms around him when she realized how smaller he felt.
Kay snapped her head up, "wha-"
Sasuke looked away, ashamed of what he had done.
"What happened?" She gasped.
Sasuke didn't answer.
She whirled her head to Ibiki in the same feral way she had before.
"Did you do this?" She took a step toward Ibiki and the guards positioned to protect him.
If Kay hadn't been blind with rage, she would've laughed for them thinking they could possibly stop her from ripping Ibiki's head off.
"No, Kay." Sasuke spoke up.
She didn't take her eyes off the shinobi in front of her . "Who did?"
"I did."
Kay frowned, turning to him slowly and stared at him for a second before going to rip the straightjacket off him.
Sasuke let out a gush of air as she shook him around.
"Let me see! What did you do?" She called.
Sasuke let her go frantic, pulling at different strings to free her lover.
He was just happy to see her again, he had forgotten how eccentric she could be. It reminded him of how she was before- before he had murdered his big brother- how lively she seemed.
"For the love of Bast! Help me out here, Old Man!" She screamed at Kakashi, she had maneuvered a way to drop to the floor, her knee not being able to bend because of the cast.
Kakashi whined again, not liking being called old.
When Sasuke was finally freed, Kay reached a hesitant hand to his stump.
Her eyes watered, sighing up at him. He stared back, watching her pained face.
Sasuke started explaining what had happened, promising he understood now.
Her tears fell and she covered her face as she let out sobs.
Sasuke reached for her face with his left hand, "Don't cry, Kay."
"I want to kick your ass so bad right now." She chuckled.
Sasuke smiled, poking her forehead.
"And I'd deserve it."
Kay rolled her eyes, wiping her face from the moist.
She looked behind her, detective Ibiki and his guards were out the now opened door, Kakashi with them.
Kakashi raised his head to make eye contact with Kay.
Kay went to take the little velvet bag she had tied to her walking stick.
"Well..." she whispered, "at least it wasn't your left hand."
Sasuke frowned, unable to understand what she meant, Kay knew he was ambidextrous.
She reached inside the bag and pulled out a ring. "It'd be more difficult to give you this."
Sasuke stared at the ring, a feeling creeping up on him as he looked between the ring and the look in her face.
"I was going to give it to you a lot of times before." She admitted. "Things just kept coming at us though, you know. It felt endless, I thought I was going to fight my way through everyday. Like I wouldn't get a proper chance to rest."
Sasuke stared at the ring, finally getting a clue at what she was doing.
"I got it even longer ago, though. I'm not sure why I was so sure I was gonna need it. And like, it's not like I was planning to get hitched at fifteen, I'm not planning to do it right now either. I just- I'm ready, you know. I don't need to look anywhere else. This is it, even if we don't get hitched for decades to come, that's- Bast, I'm rambling ain't I?"
Sasuke smiled and nodded.
She chuckled. "Alright- um- Uchiha Sasuke, would you marry me?"
"Yes." He nodded.
Kay clicked her tongue in disapproval, surprising Sasuke.
"Really? I had this whole other speech planned to convince you incase you said no."
He laughed, helping her stand up so he could kiss her.