Prologue

Ethan

Grant High School. Your stereotypical high school with the most stereotypical people you could think of roaming the halls.

Stereotypical jocks, cheerleaders, and even nerds. Where do I stand? I'm not sure. I'm that one kid no one pays attention to. No girls look my way and no guys make an effort to speak to me.

I sit in the back of every classroom and walk the halls with my head down. That was until I heard her laugh one day. It was so bright and it had a spectacular ring to it.

Her name is Cassie. She walked the halls with her large group of friends as I peaked over my locker door at her.

A bright smile was perched on her face as she wore her cheerleading uniform. There must be a football game tonight.

Her hair was up perfectly with a striking blue ribbon tied in it. Her books were clutched to her chest as she rounded the corner.

I sigh as I turn back to my locker. She was your stereotypical high school cheerleader. She had it all. A large group of friends, perfect smile, perfect body, a large house with a rich father. She was even voted prom queen last year. She was the princess that ran the whole school.

I know it's silly to even look at her. A girl like her goes for the football players. The jocks.

I'm just into photography and art. No girl like her would go for someone like me.

Word count 255
This is just a small teaser for you guys. I've had this idea for quite some time now. I hope you guys enjoy :)