3

Ethan

"What's up?" My twin brother Grayson ask as I walk through the door. "I thought you had football practice." I murmur as I close the door softly.

He takes a drink from a fresh can of coke as he looks at my damp clothes. "No. The coach decided not to have it because of the weather." He shrugs. "That would've been nice to know." I roll my eyes as I head up to my room.

If he doesn't have practice he's supposed to give me a ride home. So much for that rule.

"Bro I'm sorry!" He shouts up the stairs at me. "I have a girl coming over tonight and I'm just a little scatter brained Alright." He adds. This makes me stop dead in my tracks. He always seems to have a girl over for all the wrong reasons.

"It's not what you think. We're actually just working on a history project." He assures me. "Yeah sure. Whatever." I say as I roll my eyes yet again.

I swing my bedroom door open and throw my back pack off to the side. I make my way to my desk and plop down into the chair as I let out a deep breath.

I've been waiting to draw all day and now I finally have peace and quiet. I unzip my damp jacket and throw it off to the side as I stand again. I need to change before I do anything. I can't stand the feeling of these wet clothes.

I slip my jeans off and shuffle through my dresser to pull out a pair of light grey sweatpants. I practically sigh in relief as I slip on the warm comfortable pants. I lift my shirt up over my head and toss it into my hamper.

Before I start to draw I grab my phone out of my bag and pull up my playlist. Like always, I hit shuffle.

I drown out the world as I sit at my desk, drawing aimlessly.

Cassie

I grip my bag as I make my way up to the porch. I let out a deep breath and lightly knock on the door.

The door swings open and I put on my best smile. "Hey." I beam. "Hey. What's up? Come in." He says practically all at once.

I step in and can't help but take the house in. It's about the same size of mine but it seems ten times more homey.

"We can just go up to my room." He says smoothly as he scratches the back of his neck. "Why can't we just stay down here?" I ask, pointing to the dinning room table.

Grayson Dolan is the stereotypical jock. The one that sleeps with plenty of girls and has even more girls drooling over him. He's the football captain of every girl's dream.

I know what he's trying to do. I'm the one of the very few girls on the cheer squad he hasn't hooked up with. I don't plan on giving him the chance.

"Oh yeah sure. I'm just gonna go get a couple of things. I'll be right back." He says quickly before he heads up stairs.

I'm surprised by his response. I expected him to insist on going up stairs.

I sit my back pack on the table with a thud. I push my hair behind my ear as I take a seat. As if on cue, Grayson strolls down the stairs with his book bag now in hand. I flash him a kind smile.

"Okay. I was thinking I'd do the research and you'd put together the slideshow." I say, wanting to take matters into my own hands. I don't trust him to do much of anything.

I pull my laptop out and he watches me closely. "You're not used to this type of stuff are you?" I say as I chuckle. "I usually don't do any of my homework." He admits shyly. "Well I'm not doing absolutely everything myself." I say sternly. All he does is chuckle.

Grayson helps me browse and find things that could be useful but for the most part we're silent. I almost wonder if he really invited me over to do homework and I was just wrong.

"Is it alright if I use your bathroom?" I blurt. "Uh yeah. It's upstairs to the right. You can't miss it." He explains. I send him a small nod before I stand up.

I make my way up the stairs and open up the first door on the right.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry." I say as I see Ethan whip around in his desk chair. He pulls his headphones out of his ears and sets them on his desk before he stands up.

I can't help but take in his shirtless body. For a quiet boy that's into photography he sure was built. He had a better body than most of the football players.

"I'm really sorry. I was looking for the bathroom." I ramble. He chuckles shyly. "It's fine." He reassures me.

"I didn't even realize you were here. You're so quiet." I say, now feeling a bit more relaxed and comfortable with his company. "Uh yeah. I tend to stay hidden up here most of the time." He says as he scratches his neck and glances at his desk.

His sketch book sits open and it peaks my curiosity. "What are you working on?" I ask as I confidently make my way to his desk.

"Oh uh it's nothing." He stammers as I lift up the sketch book and take in the picture.

"Woah

"Woah. This is amazing." I say barely above a whisper. "It's uh not finished." He says as he runs his large hand through his hair.

"Why do you start with the eyes. Wouldn't you like start with the outline of the head?" I ask as I furrow my eyebrows. "I like to start with the eyes. The eyes are everything. They make the picture." He says with a small smile. "How so?" I ask curiously. "Haven't you heard the saying 'the eyes are the window to the soul'?" He ask with a small chuckle.

"As a matter of fact I have." I smile brightly as I take in the picture one last time before I set it down.

"I should go. I don't want your brother hurting himself trying to do this project himself." I joke. He just smiles as he watches me leave.

Word count 1081