18

Ethan

Cassie's wet hair is fanned in front of her face so I can't see her very well. We're both soaked and I know for a fact she's freezing so I have the heat in the car cranked all the way up.

She hasn't said a word since we left her driveway. I don't push her even though I have so many questions.

I pull into my driveway and we're still silent. I don't even know what to say. "Let's get you some dry clothes, maybe a warm shower yeah?" I ask kindly as I turn the car off. She nods.

We hurry into the house even though we're already wet. I guess we're just in a hurry to get warm.

Our shoes squeak against the hardwood floor as we slowly enter the house. I scan the house quickly in search of Grayson. "I guess we have the house to ourselves." I say to Cassie once I realize the house is perfectly silent. She just flashes me a soft smile.

I begin to shuffle through my drawers in search of something for both me and Cassie to wear when her small voice interrupts me. "Boyfriend huh?" She ask as she hugs herself.

I look over my shoulder at her as my heart races. "I uh it just felt right." I say honestly. "I know I didn't really ask you. I'm sorry." I say quickly. "No no it's fine." She says with a small smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

"So you can wear this shirt and these sweats for tonight." I say shyly as I pull them out for her. She takes them from me hesitantly.

"The showers all yours." I say with a small smile as I motion towards my bathroom. "What about you?" She ask softly. "I can wait." I shrug. She slowly nods and heads into the bathroom as I make my way to my desk.

I plop down in my desk chair as I hear the water start to run. I shuffle some of my folders around until I find my unfinished project. When my mind races like this I like to just draw. I'd rather do this than pester Cassie with an endless amount of questions.

I draw for up to 20 minutes when I realize Cassie's taking a while. My eyebrows furrow as I make my way to the bathroom door.

I knock lightly on it as I try and listen in. "Cassie?" I call into her. No answer.

She left the door cracked so I enter slowly. "Cassie are you alright?" I ask softly. "Yeah." She sniffles.

I let out a deep breath as I remove my damp shirt and pants. My socks and underwear are next.

I'm careful when I enter the shower behind her. My eyes don't wonder. I'm too focused on making her feel comfortable.

My fingertips slowly graze her wet skin and she's quick to turn around. "I'm here." I say softly.

It's almost like those are the magic words because she instantly locks her arms around my torso. My hands are quick to feel her damp hair as I kiss her forehead.

The waters warm and I find comfort in it myself. "I don't know what to do." She mutters into my bare chest. I grip her tighter.

"You can stay here." I offer. "But I have nothing here. My stuff." She cries. "We'll get your stuff okay?" I say with my lips pressed to her wet hair.

She finally lifts her head and makes eye contact with me. I instantly lose myself in her soft gaze. She still looks beautiful while crying. She's just as captivating.

"Why are you doing all of this for me?" Is all she manages to ask me. "Because I love you Cass." I say with a deep sigh. My heart hammers against my chest as I await her reaction. I know it's early. Too early but she needed to know.

Her small hands creep up my shoulders and into my wet tangled hair as she stands on her tip toes. Her breath fans against my lips before she presses her lips into mine.

None of this is sexual regardless of us both being in the shower naked. This is all affection. Just pure affection and appreciation.

Word count 719